Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.631010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all EP, all GP and a bunch of SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i dont know, wabe play thre game?!
What happens when the bug occurs? In the law career, work from home, i should sort some files but the option doesn't show up in the menue when i use the computer.
What do you expect to see? i expect that the options show up in the menue
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In the Law career work from home i should sort some files but the option doesn't show up in the menue when i use the computer. same problem with different sims. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 73 (37,704 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Law: Option to sort file doesn't show up on Computer

Hero

Lawyer Sims now File Court Documents as their tasks dictate at levels after 5. Just because you move up doesn’t mean you stop filing docs.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still having issues or have this for any other task, please create a new thread. Best to have one thread per work from home task.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 73 of 73 (14,436 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rottenmeier Did you check Career - Law Career ?

Which level do you get Sort files ? On level 1 I have File Court document and file File motion but it could be different (as you're playing in german I want to make sure we get the right option)

What's the German term you see ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 73 (37,635 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@rottenmeier  These careers are still too new to know what to expect. Based on my experience with previous work-from-home careers I suspect the task might be assigned before your Sim has the ability to complete it. I did some research and found this at Sims Community website.
It could be related to career or skill levels are not quite high enough to complete the task.

• Using a computer or laptop will allow your Sim to access career-specific interactions. These can be found via the Careers menu followed by the Law Career sub-menu.
  • To complete the Work From Home Assignment for this career, your Sim will need to use an Electromagnetic Research Archive Machine. These can be found in the Student Commons or you can purchase one from Buy Mode.

The Sims 4 Discover University: Law Career Guide 

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 3 of 73 (37,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

my sims started the carrer at lv. 4 and i think sim was at lv.5 as he should perform the task. (i played on without finishing my work-from-home task Frown , so i can't check the the exact german phrase now anymore, but it was something like "sort court files"

edit: @crinrict 

Message 4 of 73 (37,598 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

what do you mean: "These careers are still too new to know what to expect"?  you mean they released the pack before they knew what they were programming?!? i don't understand what you want to tell me there.

"the task might be assigned before your Sim has the ability to complete it"
skillwise: the sim had all pre-university skills maxed, and the new research and debate(?) skill was also around 5. (i guess robotics has nothing to do with this)
so no. skillwise, that doesn't make sense.
and if they program tasks to level up the carrer a sim can only manage after leveling up, than it is a bug and need to be fixed.

"Using a computer or laptop will allow your Sim to access career-specific interactions. These can be found via the Careers menu followed by the Law Career sub-menu."
this was what showed up in the UI when i hovered over the task, but the task could not be found in exact this law career sub-menu. that is the problem. (and i checked the research archive machine, it was not on there too.)

thanks for the simscommunity link, it seems that Fleur who commented under the link had a similar problem.

edit: @EuphorialQueen 

Message 5 of 73 (37,593 Views)

★ Expert
@rottenmeier "you mean they released the pack before they knew what they were programming?!?" should be on the front sales page of EA/Maxis. Looking at the forums (bugs, issues, tech issues, etc.) this statement sums everything up in its entirety (customers paying to beta test a product, which is marketed as complete).
Message 6 of 73 (37,576 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@rottenmeier 

@InfiniteVerve 

To clarify my previous statement. The tasks for the new careers are still being explored by players.
Of course the developers programmed them to work in a specific way.
They provide a challenge to the players to be able to discover how they work to achieve certain goals.

Playing the game is what I enjoy most but personally I have not had a chance to play that particular career. 
I will continue to research and hopefully be able to provide a better answer.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 7 of 73 (37,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am also having the same issue but it is involving the give a guest lecture at the college and it says to click on the classroom or use your phone to go to it. I have done both and they just aren't there.

Message 8 of 73 (37,520 Views)

Hero
@lyntle Have you tried if it shows up at a different time of the day ?

Not sure how this works for the career but at uni guest lectures aren't always available

I need to do further testing on this but I'll tag as needs info it for now to see if other people have issues and can give us more insight

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 73 (37,496 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] Law: Work from Home task not doable

★★★★★ Novice

I've had this issue as well, at both Adept Attorney and Promising Prosecutor levels (which is currently as far as I am in the career so I can't comment on whether this issue goes further). One of the work from home assignments is File Court Documents which was an interaction I was able to perform for lower levels of the career, but now it is consistently missing from both desktops and laptops. Makes me wonder if this is intentional - filing documents would be something a junior was assigned, so it makes sense this would be missing but it was accidentally left in as an option for higher levels of the career.

Message 10 of 73 (37,471 Views)