by AZM23

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Law: Task showing before doable

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All available packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Young adult sim that completed a law degree from Foxbury and got a career as a judge. Then when working from home as a Gavel Smasher one of the assignments came up as "Guest speak at University about Law"
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Guest Speak at University about Law" assignment comes up in the Gavel Smasher level of the Judge Career when working from home, but it is not an available interaction until the Honorable Arbitrator level.
What do you expect to see? Only assignments available for that career level popping up when working from home so it does not effect work performance.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 1 of 9 (13,807 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Law: Task showing before doable

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This same task comes up under the private attorney branch, and it seems the task never becomes available even at higher levels in this branch, only the judge branch. 

Message 2 of 9 (13,562 Views)

★★★ Novice

I too, with the Private Attorney Branch. It keeps coming up in daily task, Ive tried going to either campus to try and get it done. I also looked trough the phone, nothing can be found. Am I missing something?

Message 3 of 9 (13,363 Views)

★★ Novice
@mjstuffing19 I'm having the same issue.
Message 4 of 9 (13,255 Views)

★★ Guide

What time of day in game are you looking for the assignment?  my Attorney branch Lawyer at levels 8 and 9 had "speak as guest" available during regular university hours, but it isn't available after classes are over, I think.  It's a weird one.  There is a bug there too, which is if you travel/exit the game, when you reload back onto your lot the event cancels altogether.  

If its bugged altogether, well, I don't think they ever fixed the conservationist career which had a similar bug.

Message 5 of 9 (13,252 Views)

Hero
@Kakyuuu Could you make a new thread for the cross-over tasks that are for the wrong branch ? It's best to keep that separate for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (13,184 Views)

★★ Guide

This interaction does show up for me at the top level of the Private Attorney branch, however I was assigned the work from home task at level 7 - before it was doable.

Message 7 of 9 (12,346 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Law: Task showing before doable

★★★ Newbie
@AZM23 I’ve found the problem. You have to go to
The university , the building to the left of the school is what you click on and it will give you the option. My sim went in at 2pm so you do not have to wait til after 5 * I saw someone say they tried that*
Message 8 of 9 (8,741 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Law: Task showing before doable

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The working from home schedule says 8am - 4pm

My Sim is Judge 8 Gavel Smasher and 1 of the daily tasks is "Guest Speak at University About Law."

It is 12:20 pm Sim time and neither classroom building has the "Guest Speak at University About Law" interaction, neither is it anywhere on phone.

Message 9 of 9 (6,411 Views)