Re: Level 4 Paralegal Won't Do Lawyer's Exam

by crinrict

Original Post

Sim Would Not Take Law Exam, Then the Task Was Checked Without Being Done

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Discover University, Parenthood, Tiny Living Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put a Sim in the Law career, promote to Level 4 (Paralegal), click on the computer, and select "Take the Law Exam."
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim goes to the computer and does some animation, then exits the house as though they are going to travel to the rabbit hole location, then t-poses for a hot second and resets with no actions in the queue. Also, some time later in a new play session, the task under "Promotion Objectives" to "Take the Law Exam" was marked as completed, even though I had not completed it nor attempted it during that session.
What do you expect to see? The Sim exits the house and travels to the rabbit hole location to complete the action. / The task does not mark as completed until it has actually been completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

At the time I first discovered the bug, I had not yet installed Nifty Knitting Stuff. I do not remember if I first discovered it before or after installing Laundry Day Stuff and Kids Room Stuff. All other packs were definitely installed when I first discovered the bug.

Message 31 of 56 (1,038 Views)

Re: Attending Skill Classes Causes LastExceptions

★★★ Guide

also getting the same LE when I send my level 4 paralegal sim to take their law exam. they get to the edge of the lot, t-pose and I get an LE. This is without any mods installed though it does happen with mods too

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 32 of 56 (954 Views)

Sim won't take law exam

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Complete Game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send the Sim to take the law exam
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim goes to take the law exam, The Sim will start to go to take the exam, when they get to the street they don't leave
What do you expect to see? The Sim Is Supposed to leave for the exam
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The Sim won't go to the law exam

Message 33 of 56 (923 Views)

Re: Sim won't take law exam

Hero
@pherpher70 Are you getting any lastexception files in your doc folder ?

It's probably this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-LE-When-Sending-Sim-to-Visit-Speak-at-Unversity...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 56 (899 Views)

Re: Sim won't take law exam

Hero
@pherpher70 Do you get any lastexceptions

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 56 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi, I'm having the same issue. The site won't let me attach the file, though - I get an error saying that the "the attachment's lastexception.txt content type (text/plain) does not match its file extension and has been removed." I don't know what the issue is? It's pretty clearly a text file.

Here's a copy-paste of the info, below, though. I have all packs except Batuu, and removed my mods after I ran into this issue the first time.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>50b48b47a821e4aa5fbe9285</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-11-25 11:23:44</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.68.156.1020-1.200.000.477.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>exit_condition_manager.py:61</categoryid><desyncid>50b48b47a821e4aa5fbe9285</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'in_minutes')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 335, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 6133, in &lt;lambda&gt;&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 5868, in attach_conditional_actions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\exit_condition_manager.py", line 194, in attach_conditions&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\utils\exit_condition_manager.py", line 61, in attach&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\statistics\statistic_conditions.py", line 841, in attach_to_ownerAttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'in_minutes'rtim=0&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 16.90&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,88,45577&#13; &#10;Modded: False&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19041 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB nvldumdx.dll 27.21.14.5671, GUID: D7B71E3E-5F42-11CF-AB65-F2A21BC2D635&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Edit By Crinrict: Added Spoiler Tags

Message 36 of 56 (1,079 Views)

Hero
@onemorekayaker Yeah, that looks the same. Moving your post over to the main thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 56 (1,062 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Thanks! I'll make sure to hit the "me too" button.
Message 38 of 56 (1,059 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict So I've read through the whole thread, and I guess there's no point in posting my LE as it matches everyone else. Is there a solution to this, or is it a wait for a patch?

Thanks

Message 39 of 56 (1,020 Views)

Hero
@PyroWolfe Don't think there is

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 56 (1,006 Views)