by Schwarzbart00

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Jog Here use bike

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All official except Laundry Day, Luxury Party and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a bike in the inventory and when I hit Jog here in Foxbury (maybe at other places as well) my Sim uses the bike.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite specific telling the sim to "jog here" he uses the bike even if its slower because of the stairs.
What do you expect to see? Because Ride Bike is a separate action I expect the sim walking, running or jogging but for sure not using the bike.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Not sure how common the bug is because I only used Jog Here 3x in the Foxbury area so far and all 3 times the bike was used instead. Given the many stairs at this place you actual want to avoid using the bike most of the times because of its extrem slow get up and get off, and the even slower put bike back into inventory animations.

Message 1 of 11 (3,419 Views)

Re: Jog Here use bike

Hero
@Schwarzbart00 I do agree that the jogging shouldn't be overwritten by biking but for the walking I think it's a distance thing and probably more feedback then a bug.

I'll mark this as unsure for now and try get some info if this is rather feedback or a bug

(they do still jog if you choose the interaction on the Sim, right ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (3,351 Views)

★ Guide

Yes Go Jogging still work like before University expansion. 

Anyway such things like take bike out, mount it only realize then that the way go over the stairs direct next to sim, dismount it, put bike in inventory and then jog all the way without take the bike out once more is really strange and something I tried to avoid via Jog Here.

Message 3 of 11 (3,330 Views)

[DU] Bike overrides "Jog here"

★★★★ Pro

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let your Sim have a bike in his inventory. Click on a distant place and choose the command "Jog here".
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim doesn't jog but uses his bike. When he arrives at the spot, he has a yellow-question-mark bubble above his head.
What do you expect to see? The Sim jogging.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since DU.

This is clearly a bug/oversight because "Go here by bike" is a separate command.

Message 4 of 11 (3,290 Views)

Re: [DU] Bike overrides "Jog here"

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Ah sorry I didn't see this thread. I also tried this outside Britechester (in Strangerville) and the bug always happens, also without any stairs in the way.

Message 5 of 11 (3,276 Views)

Re: [DU] Bike overrides "Jog here"

Hero
@alanmichael1 No worries.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (3,255 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Jog Here use bike

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hello! I am also having this issue, but it is not restricted to Foxbury. I have also noticed the command being overridden frequently on Sulani. I agree that it probably has something to do with distance as my sim will still jog if she is close to the spot I want her to go to and there aren’t any stairs involved. I tried having her jog around on her home lot and surrounding area in Willow creek (which is much smaller than Sulani and Foxbury, but with plenty of stairs), and there weren’t any issues. 

Platform: PS4

How often does the bug occur?

Often

What is your current game version number?

1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University

Game: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic

STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party

FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Attempt to jog to a location with a bike in your inventory.

What happens when the bug occurs?

When you attempt to jog to a location, the sim will instead use a bike if there is one in inventory even if this means it will take longer.

This almost always happens on Sulani and very often happens in Britechester (I have noticed this occur specifically at Foxbury and [rarely] around the pub), however it does not occur at her smaller home lot in Willow Creek.

What do you expect to see?

When “jog here” is chosen, the sims should not use a bike instead.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, this issue is on console (PS4).

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Yes.

Please describe the patch or change you made.

Installed Discover University

Message 7 of 11 (3,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’m having this issue too, my Sim is a Spellcaster so has options to fly here, bike here, walk here, or jog here. When I click jog here, she places the bike, mounts, sits there, dismounts, puts the bike away, then repeats process. Eventually, she usually just abandons the bike and jogs away leaving it out of her inventory. It’s making me want to get rid of the bike though I like her going on bike rides. 

This is all happening in Britechester University, so no stairs are involved. 

Message 8 of 11 (3,101 Views)

Sim Bikes Everywhere

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Laundry Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spooky Stuff, and Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) have sim jog to any distance - short or long 2) watch as they bike there instead.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I ask my sim to jog to a place that is either a short distance or a faraway distance they bike there instead.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim jogging to the place I asked them to.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The birthday patch (1.71.86.1020)

The only way I can think of fixing this is by taking the bike out of the personal inventory completely. I don't want to do that because I still want to have access to it, but right now it seems as if I don't have a choice.

Message 9 of 11 (2,648 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Jog Here use bike

★★ Pro

When I tell a sim to jog somewhere I actually mean that I want them to jog there.

Usually I do it specifically because I know taking the bike out, mounting it, dismounting and putting it back to the inventory takes so damn long that for this distance the sim should Not ride the bike since those animations take forever. This is especially frustrating when living on Foxbury campus and it's the worst campus design possible because it has So Many Stairs that don't work with the bicycles at all... Please fix.

Message 10 of 11 (1,333 Views)