by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Incorrect Hint Text for task in Computer Engineering Career

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim who is at level 9 in the Computer Engineer career work from home.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim received a work from home task titled "Guest Speak at Computer Engineering Class", but when moused over, the task tells you that to complete it you need to "Design New Computer Hardware at Computer."
What do you expect to see? I expect the task to tell me correctly how to resolve this work task.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just got Discover University a few days ago, so I am unsure if this was an issue before the patch or not.  Seems to be just a text glitch, as completing the task as stated did not give me credit for the task and the option to guest speak did appear.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 6 (4,145 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Incorrect Hint Text for task in Computer Engineering Care

★ Apprentice

Quick update to say that performing the actual "Guest Speak" interaction *did* solve the requirement as expected, so it must just be a text problem.  Standard smile

Message 2 of 6 (4,039 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Computer Engineering: Work from home task not completing

★★★★ Apprentice

One of my y daily tasks is to guest speak at a computer engineering class. I don't even have the option to do that. When I mouse over that requirement it says "design new computer hardware at a computer." Did that twice. Still nothing. 

The other daily task is to practice programming. My sim is level 10 programming but ok. I had him practice programming for 3-4 sim hours with no result.

Message 3 of 6 (3,914 Views)

Hero
@kriggin1 Moving this over to the wrong hint text thread.

Did you try the buildings if the option is showing there ? Where did you check so far ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (3,907 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict traveling to the university via phone and clicking on the building finally gave the option to guest speak and fulfilled the requirement. "Practice programming" still does nothing for the other requirement (possibly because my sim is already level 10?) but at least this one seems solved. Thanks.
Message 5 of 6 (3,857 Views)

Hero
@kriggin1 Should still check off the daily task.

Reminds me of this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-GF-Sim-gets-Practice-Acting-as-task-after-reaching-leve...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (3,831 Views)