Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] ICYA Chest Inventory Locked After Moving

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put something in ICYA chest, then put the chest in a sim's inventory. Move the sim to another household.
What happens when the bug occurs? You lost access to the items in ICYA chest.
What do you expect to see? The said sim still own access to anything in their chest's inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

IYCA chest is so great for inventory management... until you forgot to clear it before moving.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 19 (10,536 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DU] ICYA Chest Inventory Locked After Moving

Hero

Fixed an issue with the ICYA Chest in which it appeared locked after Sims moved from one Household to another. My precious! Mine!

Fixed in Patch 1.67.45/ 1.32

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (8,856 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] ICYA Chest Inventory Locked After Moving

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrictAirakale I’m having this issue too. My sim at uni ended up creating a few master pieces that are now trapped in there. She stayed at the same dorm until final year and moved into the uni house the chest was fine. However my sim got pregnant and was forced to move out, after gathering her things. She moved in with her mum then moved in with her fiancé and when she went to unpack i discovered the chest acted like she didn’t own it anymore and even a book said. “Misty doesn’t own this item”.

I lost several masterpieces, laptop, rugs and decorations.
Message 2 of 19 (10,389 Views)

Icya chest

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs Get To Work, Get Together, Get Famous, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, and Discover University Game Packs Outdoor Treat, Spa day, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle adventure, Strangerville Stuff Packs Todder Stuff, Bowling Night, Backyard Stuff, Movie Night, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place bikes, laptop, microwave, mini fridge or urn in the Discover University ICYA chest. Please the chest in a room and open the chests inventory click and drag item out of chest. It doesn't work.
What happens when the bug occurs? Items cannot be removed from the Icya chest
What do you expect to see? Items placed in the ICYA chest are able to be moved in and out of the chest inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi the Icya chest in Discover University is not working. Items that have been placed in the chest cannot be moved out. I've tried moving my sim to different lots and this has not helped. I had to rebuy her University items (laptop, bike, microwave). Due to my gameplay I also cannot get her mother's urn out of the the chest with. Repairing the game has not helped nor has uninstalling and reinstalling the expansion pack. The items in the chest just stay stuck in it but I can place other items in the chest.

Message 3 of 19 (10,395 Views)

Re: Icya chest

Hero
@MissMadd15 For me it only doesn't work if I move as described in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-ICYA-Chest-Inventory-Locked-After-Moving/td-p/8...

Does it also not work for you if you stay put ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (10,387 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes it seems to be the same issue. I had her stay in the same house for the next term and both of the chests she has are either showing that "Scarlett does not own this item" or just doesn't allow me to move an item.

Message 5 of 19 (10,355 Views)

Hero
@MissMadd15 I'm merging your thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (10,346 Views)

★★★ Novice

after my sim finished university and moved into her own house i could not access any of the items in her ICYA Chest or anything in her inventory - even her homework says 'sim does not own this item' 

Message 7 of 19 (10,204 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue !!!!so annoying...i wish it was mentioned that this could happen if we moved the sims from the dorm to the city.I still have the chest..hope a fix comes soon

Message 8 of 19 (10,103 Views)

★★★ Novice

glad to see this is somewhat progressing i guess (just noting the change to 'open')

Message 9 of 19 (10,048 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] ICYA Chest Inventory Locked After Moving

★★★★ Novice

This was annoying. My sim went home for Winterfest to be with her mom. They're both spellcasters and they made some nimble mind potions for the student. I loaded them up into her chest but then couldn't take them (or anything else) out of the chest once she re-enrolled in University after the holiday. I put other spellcaster items in there as well and can't get them. Frown

Message 10 of 19 (9,887 Views)