Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Household names don't appear Manage Households

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, get together, city living, cats and dogs, seasons, get famous, island living, discover university, outdoor retreat, dine out, vampires, jungle adventure, spooky, movie hangout, backyard, vintage glamour, fitness, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play on a University Campus, then go check the "manage households" menu, under the unplayed households tag
What happens when the bug occurs? When I check the unplayed households in the manage households menu, some of them don't have a household name anymore. I noticed that the households affected were on the campus at some point when I was playing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a household name for every household
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought the University Expansion a few days ago, and it is happening since

As you can see, some of the household names don't appear, while some others do.

2020-02-01.png

Message 1 of 12 (2,013 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Household names don't appear Manage Households

Hero

Fixed an issue in which some Households did not have their names displayed in Manage Worlds.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (1,674 Views)

All Replies

Re: Households names don't appear anymore in the Manage Households Menu

Hero
@2hCreations Do you any any other texts missing ? Did you change language at some point ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,997 Views)

★ Guide

Hello Crinrict,

I always played in French, and this is the only text missing. 

Message 3 of 12 (1,957 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi! This is happening in my game as well and I always play in English. I noticed this issue 1 or 2 months ago but never thought it could be a bug. Because when university student npc sims leave the dorm, they look like this in the manage household.

Sorry for my english! Standard smile
Message 4 of 12 (1,947 Views)

★ Pro

I have the same issue in my game, I noticed it after my Sim left university. I first noticed in the relationship panel Sims did not have names, when I checked manage worlds there names where missing there as well. My game is in English.

I just checked a save from when my Sim graduated in December and names are missing from manage world including the premade university students.

Message 5 of 12 (1,940 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Household names don't appear Manage Households

Hero
@2hCreations Is it always on Not in world Sims or also on housed ones ?

Going to mark this as Uni issue for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,924 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I just saw this in my game today.  The game just made a bunch of new NPCs, all are "Not in World",  that have no household name.  All of the preexisting households, both NPC and playable are unaffected and have their household names so it appears that it only affects newly made NPCs and not existing households.

Edit:  This may be related to the roommates.  2 of the sims were not newly made.  They were the roommates that I had when playing a dorm with the University Housing venue type. @PoptartJuniper told me that it might be the roommates used in dorms who when moved out of the dorm are losing their household names.  So of the 10 households in my game who do not have a household name, 2 of them are former roommates.  I don' t recognize the other 8 though since I only had the 2 in the dorm.

Message 7 of 12 (1,880 Views)

★ Guide

Crinrict: I only saw this affecting Not in world sims.
I also noticed that when a sim-i'm-not-playing-with is inviting my sim to go somewhere, sometimes the name is not shown in the box. Argh! I should have taken a screenshot! I'll try to take one next time. So the text says something like "wishes to go to the museum" instead of "Ann wishes to go to the museum". I hope I explain it clearly!!! 

Message 8 of 12 (1,874 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Household names don't appear Manage Households

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

They are all sims who have left University. For some reason, they lose their names after being moved out by the game.

Message 9 of 12 (1,709 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Household names don't appear Manage Households

★ Guide

I have this issue in my game too. It appeared since I installed Discover University. The sims seem to have graduated and are not moved back to their original hosueholds. If I want to edit one of the Sims. I have to give the hosuehold a name first.

Message 10 of 12 (1,630 Views)