Re: [OPEN] [DU] 'Go To Class early' missing/cancelling --> Sim misses class

by KnightGoblin8

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@JessaMynx Instead of installing a teleporting mod you can use testingcheats true, hold the Shift key and click on the ground to where you want your sim to teleport.
Message 61 of 75 (997 Views)

Champion
@SqueamishNerd @mreyesx19 Or you can just live off campus. Then (if you don’t have the original bug in this thread of never being able to send them at all) they teleport from the sidewalk to class, then briefly reappear on the sidewalk before teleporting to the second class. It’s pretty much impossible to live on campus and arrive to class on time, though I can get my Sims to pass anyway by using a combo of listening and note taking for the time they are there and doing all the homework. It’s even easier if you only do 2 classes at a time - and if you apply for all the scholarships, you’ll actually be making money that way.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 62 of 75 (985 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SqueamishNerd Thanks! Didn't realize there was a cheat to do that!
@PipMenace I do enjoy living on the campus, it's kind of tedious having to keep track of their class schedule to make sure I get them there on time but for the most part I enjoy it that's why this class time conflict irks me extra hard haha XD I used a teleport mod to get around it but I'm going to try Katrus' cheat suggestion next time so I won't have to use a mod!
Thanks guys
Message 63 of 75 (958 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me as well! My Sim is studying at Foxbury and I believe I have managed to narrow the cancelling out to a particular staircase outside of their dormitory. My game is in Finnish but you can see the Sim standing at the bottom of the stairs where he always stops at. He decides to go to class early, then reaches the stairs, teleports to the bottom of the stairs and cancels out. If I don't manually order him to go right next to the school building he will be late to the class.

stairs.jpg

Message 64 of 75 (905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Guys, anyone still experiencing this? It happens to me mostly (90%) and really spoils the game. Yes, I have my warnings 1 hour before classes but my sims are not preparing early to attend. Sometimes a notebook spawns in their hands but they are just standing still :D 

Message 65 of 75 (831 Views)

Hero
@JuliaChang93 Did you test before or after today's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 75 (815 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I tried both before and after the latest patch, same results :/

Message 67 of 75 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Okay, there are 200+ me too’s but it is still happening on my game. After december update everything is all the same as expected, arent we going to get a fix or is it just me experiencing this issue? Now i have 3 students and it is literally ruining my game if i am playing inside a campus. (Since there are a few different scenarios on this: My sims are not going to class early. For now only workaround for me -not working everytime btw- is not letting them be busy doing something else, i mean they need to be “idle” to get “go to class early” command. But it is not the only issue, as previously mentioned, sometimes they started walking towards the class but after using an elevator; they just cancel this command too.)

Message 68 of 75 (725 Views)

★★★ Guide
This issue is constant for my sims off campus. If my uni student lives at home they NEVER go to class early. Since they only leave at the time class starts, they are always late.
Message 69 of 75 (687 Views)

★★ Novice

People in this thread are complaining about 2 different things.

1. Bad design: can't physically get to class because you can't choose to go to class early, don't know where the class is until they go there, and it takes in-game time for them to do that. For this, the only options that work i've found is to have the sim live at home off campus, get a tent, and sleep in the tent and meet all their needs at the student center. Alternately, make all your students magic users and give them the teleport spell and remove it with cheats when they're out of uni if you don't want them to be a magic user. I've also had some luck with staying at home off campus and never going near campus.

2. The go to class button doesn't work. This has just started happening to me. It was working pretty well until my student was offered a job (I think get famous?) in business, which they accepted. Naturally they called in vacation days and just kept going to school and taking the money. However the first time they got to class, they didn't get the usual option to choose to pay attention in class and got the get-famous business pop-up of report the business and lose your job or nothing changes. They reported the business and did NOT lose their job. Instead, this happened all 3 of their business vacation days (they got the business popup every single time they had class) until they ran out of vacation and quit the job. Now they can't go to class. The go to class button doesn't click. They will sometimes go early to class and stand outside the class the entire class period, but nothing can make them go into the class building. They're failing all their classes and I think I have to move them off campus or use a cheat to give them their degree.

Message 70 of 75 (546 Views)