by JuliaChang93

Original Post

Re: Sim in university class is at class early but class doesnt start

Hero
@LoudLara Merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 75 (1,294 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] No early "go to class"

★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. My sims can go to classes without problem when they're living in a residential house or apartment. But when they're in a UNI dorm or house I got a notification that class is in an hour, the countdown is working but when it's time to go to class there's no "Go to Class" anywhere, but it appears right after the class is over, and my sim would go autonomously then.

Message 42 of 75 (1,265 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] 'Go To Class early' missing/cancelling --> Sim misses class

★★★★ Novice
@Knazysauce This happens to me too. I have only one sim and she almost always misses class. i need to keep tracking where she needs to go, take her there early, makes no sense... :/// a button to "go early" would be perfect.
Message 43 of 75 (1,211 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I also have this issue with sims living on campus.

If a sim is sleeping or at work when it's an hour to the class the "go to class early" doesn't appear. I had a sim who ended work exactly an hour before class started, and the "go to class early" never appeared even though he had just arrived home when the action should appear.

If a sim is on their way to class they may suddenly wanting to go get water at home (yes, the bug with excessively drinking water is back Disappointed) or go home to play with a football (soccer ball). I can't have footballs in their homes at all, they have to have them in their inventory otherwise they'll stop the going to class action to go home and play football instead.

This is really annoying. I have to follow the sim all the way from their home (dorm or house on campus) to their class to make sure that they are actually going there.

Message 44 of 75 (1,157 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue. Furthermore, the same problem with school and work. Sims are just standing there, up to 5 people at exactly the same spot outside the lot, and nothing happens. Already 1 hour late. The action circle says they are going to school/university, but they can't make it, just stand there till the time is totally gone.

This issue is not always so "hardcore". Sometimes there's no problem at all. But sometimes none of sims can go anywhere, neither to work, scholl, nor university. 

Message 45 of 75 (1,119 Views)

★ Novice

I have a family on the sims and after I moved into a larger house and had two toddler sims, it will not let me go to class until the class had started a while ago, and therefore by the time I get to that point where my “sim is off to class” the class only has 3 minutes left and it’s affecting both my sims grades, i was suspended etc. I don’t know why it won’t let me go to class as soon as it starts 

Message 46 of 75 (1,059 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm having a similar issue, but I don't know if it's different enough to warrant a separate thread. My Sims still go to class on their own when the notification that class starts in an hour pops up. However, occasionally, when it's actually time for my Sims to head into the building for their class, they won't go in. No matter how many times I cancel the action and click the "go to class" button, they still refuse to go in. They just stand there outside of the building. This causes the Sim in question to miss their class, or at least a good chunk of it, because I can sometimes make them finally go to class by pressing the button enough times. Like I said, this only happens occasionally, but it's super annoying when it does happen.

Message 47 of 75 (1,022 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Also happens to me... living in the campus, tried waiting at least one hour before the class time, sometimes it worked (i mean having a sim not being busy doing something else) but sometimes it did not work either. Eventually i started waiting the class time manually, it is really frustrating since my sim suddenly decides to do something else and getting on her/his bike (!) even having her ready in front of the building, then cancelling her action immadiately, waiting for her to get off the bike, run back; and all happens only 5 seconds before entering the class, that’s just sad -_-

what if there was also a “go to class early” button spawning one hour before the class, just in case Frown

Message 48 of 75 (930 Views)

★★ Guide

If you think that's bad, when my Sims are waiting to head into their class (since they went to class early), they'll all too often suddenly try to run all the way back to their dorm to "get water." I have to watch them like a hawk so I can cancel the action when it shows up in their queue. It's maddening!

Message 49 of 75 (895 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I just installed this. Whether I stay on campus, or stay in my own house, my sim will never go to class. When I was living on the dorm I would get the go to class early prompt. Then she would just stand outside the dorm and not do anything and then end up missing her class. So I moved back home and enrolled her again into the school and now she doesn't go nowhere when it's time for her to go to class. I do get the box to push to manually send them to class, but they still don't do anything. I can push that button a hundred times and nothing will happen.

Message 50 of 75 (767 Views)