Re: Sim in university class is at class early but class doesnt start

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Sim won't go to class on their own/never late for class

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion pack, parenthood, spa day, vampires, backyard stuff, bowling, fitness, kids room, luxury party, hangout, perfect patio, romantic garden, toddler, and vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll in university, and the problem only started occurring when I entered the second term. wait for class to start.
What happens when the bug occurs? class is going to start in an hour, get to class early action appears, the action cancels itself, once it is time for class, the action never appears, I have to go into the pop up menu and tell my sim to go to class manually. If i dont, and I forget about class, it will never tell me that I'm late.
What do you expect to see? sim autonomously goes to class, notification above my sim when I'm late.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The problems with my game, which are numerous, started just a few days ago, everything was just fine, and my game was up to date, but when I started my second term, my sim stopped going to class on her own, and many other things started bugging out as well but those should probably go in another thread but maybe it will help to tell you what else started bugging out at the same time this did.
career not acknowledging my skill level in photography

my boss is disappointed by the work I do from home every single day despite fulfilling the tasks but I still get full pay 90% of the time

sim can't go home using the little house button at the bottom of the screen when on the university campus

Message 31 of 75 (1,277 Views)

Re: Sim no longer goes to class and is failing

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@lauriej0823I have been having issues with my sims failing even though they've done all the work, it's outstanding quality AND they still go to class... that's been going on for me since December's big patch. Frown It's really frustrating.

Message 32 of 75 (1,278 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Timmering i did report the bug i was clicking on the button to send them to class she failed twice and is now suspended.
Message 33 of 75 (1,276 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lauriej0823 and @Qrow_Is_Bae

I merged your post with existing thread on this.

@JulietJuly22 Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sims-fail-university-despite-meeting-all-criter...

@Qrow_Is_Bae Does sound like there's something going wrong with your game in general. You might also want to make a post in tech and ask for help with troubleshooting those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 75 (1,243 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The same thing just happened to me recently, but not with core classes for my degree. but whenever I take an elective, my sim gets an F despite doing all outstanding work.

Message 35 of 75 (1,186 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Ok thanks for your help
Message 36 of 75 (1,185 Views)

Sim in university class is at class early but class doesnt start

★★★ Novice

My sim goes to class early then where it says what classes she has it will go down to happening now for a split second then say in 24 or whenever her next class is and then I have to wait and when she does actually go to class it runs over the time and she gets stuck to the point I have to click on her todo an action then cancel it for her to get out of class

Message 37 of 75 (1,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@LoudLara  Does your sim live on campus? Were there any holidays involved?

Edit: Found the bug report. If this sounds the same as your issue, please check the "Me Too" box on the original page. I can have your thread moved to the bug report. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-Go-To-Class-early-missing-cancelling-gt-Sim-misses-cla...

If it involves holidays there's this bug thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-S-DU-Holidays-days-off-cause-issues-with-classes-No-final...

Let me know!

Message 38 of 75 (1,185 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem as this person:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-Go-To-Class-early-missing-cancelling-gt-Sim-misses-cla...

But I dont see anyone posting a solution did I miss it?

Message 39 of 75 (1,164 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

@LoudLara It is an open bug report so currently the only solution is to move your Sim off campus to a residential lot. They will go to class the same way the go to work from home.

Message 40 of 75 (1,148 Views)