Re: [UNSURE] [DU] No early "go to class"

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims Missing Class - Not Adding to the Queue

Hero
@Darnita24 Did you not have the option on the computer on a new save or did nothing happen ?

Did you delete cache files after removing your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 75 (3,097 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue too. 
No mods installed. 

My sim doesn't get the "go to class early" queue for all morning classes and some noon/afternoon classes. I am keeping her queue free etc. but nothing happens and she almost flumped a course obviosly due to not attending. This is SUPER frustrating! on the Sims forum it's talked about too: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968920/go-to-class-problem

Maybe add a "go to class early" option in the game so us, who doesn't like being late, actually can play the game without getting trolled Frown

Message 12 of 75 (4,874 Views)

Hero
@Zathea You do get the button to go to class, right ?

Just making sure cause there's been other report where that also doesn't show up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 75 (4,852 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict yeah I do get it when the class has started, it varies in how fast it is clickable though. 

Message 14 of 75 (4,847 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Zathea Thank you, just double checking :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 75 (4,838 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes I am getting this too, I have a sim who lives in the foxbury dorms, and unless I stand right outside the class building before it starts, I don't get a go to class prompt nor does my sim auto leave until a good 20 sim minutes after the class has started and by the time he's left the dorm building, and sauntered to the building (come on Dustin get with the jogging already) class is over. I have two sims living off campus in a normal home (the pleasant twins) and they go no problem just like they would go to work (ok I don't get the go early prompt but they get up and go like you would expect them to, on time!)

I do use mods, but I did a new save in a newly cleared game (as per the instructions where you make a backup copy, sorry don't know what the official term is), no mods and the issue still occurred. So for me, dorms are a no go!

Message 16 of 75 (4,826 Views)

Sims can't make it to class on time and end up with bad grades

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, My First Pet Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Sims 4 Discover University and click "Go To Class" when it's time to go to class.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim walks across campus slowly and is unable to make it to class on time and ends up with low grades as a result of this.
What do you expect to see? I expect the Sim to be able to get to class on time for it to start.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever I try to click on "Go To Class", my Sim almost never makes it to class on time. She missed her final for one of her courses and got an F in the class, and I wasn't even able to retake the course, so it brought my GPA down. I wanted her to be able to pass with a good GPA, but the game is making her out to be a slacker when she's not!

Message 17 of 75 (3,406 Views)

Re: Sims can't make it to class on time and end up with bad grades

★★★★ Pro

1) Normally the game should send your Sim to the class autonomously one hour in advance. Make sure he is awake and not distracted by other activities.

2) As all classes are in the same building you can just send your Sim manually to the entrance before the session starts.

3) Using a bike makes Sims on campus way faster.

Message 18 of 75 (3,397 Views)

Hero
@NumeroLetter Merging your post.

It's not necessarily a bug but it seems to be a problem in general

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 75 (3,382 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@alanmichael1

1) This doesn't always happen, and they don't seem to automatically go to class early later on the day as much.

2) Controlling more than two sims to get to their classes at different time is super frustrating and confusing. Also pretty sure there are two different buildings your sims can attend class depending on the class/subject.

3) Oh good god no, the bikes are HORRIBLE if you atleast if you live in Foxbury dorms. I tested it out; one sim walk to class and one use the bike. But because there're bunch of stairs the sim will take forever to get on the bike, bike for 3 seconds, take forever to get off the bike, walk down the stairs and then take forever to get on the bike again and repeat for each stair.
Message 20 of 75 (3,333 Views)