Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] 'Go To Class early' missing/cancelling --> Sim misses class

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino and First pet stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim go to university and wait for a class to start
What happens when the bug occurs? There's no button to go to class "early" when it's 1 hour before start.
What do you expect to see? A button to go to class when it's one hour left til the class start
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is probably by design but I rather it wasn't. There's no "Go to class" button until the class starts. And the classes are very short so unless I manually tell my sim to stand outside the class until it starts they will most likely miss it. My sims miss 80% of their classes cause I am currently playing with 4 sims in a dorm and keeping up with all their different schedules is almost impossible. And not to mention how long it takes to get on and off the bike. When it gives you the notification that the class will start in 1h I would love it if you could click on a "Go to class" button, I don't mind if the sim stands outside and waits until the class starts before entering.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 75 (40,533 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No early "go to class"

Hero

Sims go to University classes early when directed to if they are at their campus.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 75 of 75 (5,851 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Knazysauce Do you not get it autonomously ? For me, I always get an icon in the queue to go to class early, no matter if he's doing something else or just standing around idle.

I'm only playing one Sim though.

There is no button and that part is by design I believe but not sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 75 (40,424 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Yes and no. When the sim is asleep it doesn't queue it up and sometimes if I queue something else it cancels the "go to class early" action. So as much as I appreciate that the sims sometimes do it automatically, keeping track that more than 2 sims are getting in class in time without that button or a "self-click" interaction it's quite hard.

Message 3 of 75 (40,407 Views)

Hero
@Knazysauce I think it's feedback so I'm tagging this as unsure for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 75 (40,399 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [DU] No early "go to class"

★★ Guide

This, but also, if you live off-campus, there's no option to go to class early period.  Extremely frustrating when sims miss part of their class because they only think "Oh i should go to class" At the time class itself starts.

Message 5 of 75 (40,346 Views)

Sims Missing Class - Not Adding to the Queue

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino, ROM & Bowling Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll Sim into University, wait until the day of class, notification pops up stating class is in one hour, nothing appears in the queue, class time comes and it's not in the menu to select "Go to Class", there is also no clickable option to force sim to go to class like with work and primary school.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim misses class and grades are effected. Job menu updates to the next day of the class information.
What do you expect to see? Sim is still able to complete other actions but is missing entire class. Queue never pops up with the option to go to class.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated my game to the most recent patch update of the game.

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino, ROM & Bowling Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enroll Sim into University, wait until the day of class, notification pops up stating class is in one hour, nothing appears in the queue, class time comes and it's not in the menu to select "Go to Class", there is also no clickable option to force sim to go to class like with work and primary school.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim misses class and grades are effected. Job menu updates to the next day of the class information.
What do you expect to see? Sim is still able to complete other actions but is missing entire class. Queue never pops up with the option to go to class.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated my game to the most recent patch update of the game.

Message 6 of 75 (38,510 Views)

Re: Sims Missing Class - Not Adding to the Queue

Hero
@Darnita24 Is this the no button to go to class early or do you still get no button on the class itself once class starts ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 75 (38,487 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Neither. I’m getting a notification about class coming up and when the time comes - sim doesn’t go to class and I don’t have the option to click “Go to Class” in the class menu. 

Message 8 of 75 (38,465 Views)

Hero
@Darnita24 Could you test if the same happens on a new save for testing purposes to see if it's related to your save or a general issue ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 75 (38,461 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I created a new save where I started from scratch and that sim couldn't enroll in University at all despite having scholarships and an acceptance letter. I tried an already established household in Britechester and it came up for them. 

Message 10 of 75 (38,425 Views)