Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Game freezes at Graduation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Cats and dogs, city living, get famous, get to work, get together, seasons, dine out, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, parenthood, strangerville, and vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try to play the last day of term at the university.
What happens when the bug occurs? On the last day of the university term it makes every sims freeze doing whatever they were doing, the time freezes and the game will not save or quit. The game won’t crash. If you do try to save it’ll just keep the saving screen going forever. You have to just manually exit the game with task manager. It makes my game unplayable since that last time I saved was right before it becomes the last day of term.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play through a whole term without it making my game unplayable on the last day of term.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Happened after I installed Discover University.

On the last day of the university term it makes every sims freeze doing whatever they were doing, the time freezes and the game will not save or quit. The game won’t crash. If you do try to save it’ll just keep the saving screen going forever. You have to just manually exit the game with task manager. It makes my game unplayable since that last time I saved was right before it becomes the last day of term. 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 15 (2,951 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Game freezes at Graduation

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Marked as Solution for Visibility Purposes Only

If anyone's still seeing this issue we'd really appreciate your save file! Feel free to DM me the link to your save, see Robo's instructions above, thanks so much for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,344 Views)

All Replies

Re: The sims 4 Discover University Bugs - Huge bug on last day of term

Hero

Hi  @kupkakeparty09 

the whims issue is an old issue and has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Whims-not-fulfilling/td-p/8180364

The social task has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Society-tasks-not-completing/td-p/8434756/jump-to/first-unread...

The graduation seems to have a few issues, does it happen again when you try again ?

Could you please edit your post to just make it about the graduation and use the other threads for the other issues.

In the bug forum we try to keep one thread per issue to make it easier to track.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (2,910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok I edited the post! And yes I've tried playing that same day like 3 different times. I'm actually attempting again as well and so far I'm making it farther than before I'm just not speeding the time up and saving every few minutes just in case. I feel like maybe it's a problem with speeding time during that day that was causing everything to happen like that. Not 100% sure though.  

Message 3 of 15 (2,874 Views)

Hero
@kupkakeparty09 Could you send me your save ? I'd like to try and this could also help QA narrow down the issue.

As close before the issue happens as possible would be great.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (2,865 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Game freezes at Graduation

★★ Apprentice

This exact thing just happened to me, but not on the graduation day but on a Tuesday. It's never happened before. 

Message 5 of 15 (2,786 Views)

Hero
@TezaG78 What was about to happen when the game froze ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (2,492 Views)

★ Novice

Hello! I had the same issue as soon the graduation day came it stopped one sim minute before the beginning time of the graduation event and my sim just stood in her yard and the times switch to different times and back to 10:44 and then the game freezes! 

Message 7 of 15 (2,287 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

One of the problems with graduation that I have been having is that my sim will go and it won't ever end. she was "in" graduation until midnight and I had to cancel the interaction. I don't know if this helps or if this could lead to a solution. maybe it has something to do sims loading the interaction. I loaded in from the on campus house. I have all expansions installed besides my first pet stuff pack.

Message 8 of 15 (2,277 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Crashes when I’m trying to load my home lot when I first turn it on 

Message 9 of 15 (2,262 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My game also freezes at the last the of class, either before her report card shows up or after and the time keeps alternating when I pause and play the game.

Message 10 of 15 (2,221 Views)