Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] [GTW] Infinite Robot Parts from the Chemistry Lab

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Main game, Discover University, Get Famous, Season, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a chemistry lab and experiment on it
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm getting infinite robot parts 1-3 in rapid succession
What do you expect to see? Not infinite robot parts?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When using the chemistry lab and "Experimenting" I am getting infinite robot parts. Which is ... great? I guess. But probably not intended.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 20 (5,201 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DU] [GTW] Infinite Robot Parts from the Chemistry Lab

Hero

The amount of Robotic Scrap gained when performing an Experiment on a Chemistry Lab has been tuned down.

Fixed in Patch 1.99.264/1.78

please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 20 (1,302 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] [GTW] Infinite Robot Parts from the Chemistry Lab

★★★★ Expert
@caeshura I noticed that. It's actually the fastest way to get the robot parts. Way too fast in my opinion. They should limit the way to get robot parts to the robot workstation. Or ordering them from the PC like the other upgrade parts. Getting them from the chemistry lab that normally gets used in the scientist career is quite a bit annoying. Getting them from salvaged parts is annoying also.

How do you get robot parts by fixing the toilet?
Message 2 of 20 (5,045 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have definitely gotten robot parts from fixing the toilet before, but not at the same rate as the Chemistry Lab haha

Message 3 of 20 (5,037 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I tested this: In new folder placed a Chemistry Lab in Magnolia Blossom Park, WC; made my sim enter the scientist career; chose Experiment on the table, for about a sim-hour. Altogether they got 21 Robot Salvage Parts, 1-2 at a time; and one element. The parts are commonly used in Robotics skill, and is rewarded from several other activities, like fishing, repairing etc.

experiment 1 hour.png

Message 4 of 20 (5,001 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I'm glad to hear there's an easy and inexpensive way to get robot parts. I hope this doesn't get changed.

Message 5 of 20 (4,989 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Sketch793 I like the fact that you get robot parts easy. The problem is, you get it fast from the Chemistry Lab. When I'm in the scientist career, (which is the one place it's used the most), I don't see why I should be bogged down with hundreds of robot parts I'll never use.

They should move that over to the robot workstation. So, you can experiment there and get hundreds of robot parts where you'll actually use them. And when I use the chemistry lab in the scientist career, I shouldn't get any.
Message 6 of 20 (4,970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Psychotps@Sketch793This is exactly how I feel about it too. I mean, sure, my scientist might also be interested in robots... (Good way to branch out!) but I don't want hundreds and hundreds just from doing their job! lol

It would definitely be nice if this was moved from the chemistry lab to the robot workstation!

Message 7 of 20 (4,903 Views)

[DU][GTW] Experimenting on the Chemistry Lab Creates a lot of Robot Savage Parts

★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Spa Day, Strangerville, Dine Out Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See below
What happens when the bug occurs? A robot savage part appears in the Sim's inventory about once every 3 Sim minutes. In about an hour, my Sim received 20 robot savage parts.
What do you expect to see? The Sim not to get that many robot savage parts when using the Chemistry Lab.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

1. Have a Sim join the Scientist career
  2. Follow the Sim to work
  3. Have the Sim experiment on the Chemistry Lab
  4. Open the inventory
  5. Watch a new robot savage part appear in the inventory about every 3 Sim minutes.

This seems more of a game exploit rather than a bug.

Message 8 of 20 (4,884 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@caeshura   I actually wrote a mod that removes it from the Chemistry Lab. No more robot parts from that! You still get them from salvaging and tinkering on the Robot Workstation, but no more from The Chemistry Lab.

It's going up on MTS, might take a few days before they approve it. Look up Gettp on MTS.

From looking at the tuning files, It appears they might have intended you to only get Robot parts from the Chemistry Lab if you have the Robot skill or something. Doesn't seem to work though.

Message 9 of 20 (4,830 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Neat! Thank you for the update! Standard smile

I'll look into getting this mod.

Thank you for the detailed information too! That would make some sense if they wanted you to get robot parts if you have the robot skill, since that would be a nice way to get robot parts from other places. But I definitely agree that it's broken. Even if you're supposed to get the parts, receiving them at that rate is kind of ridiculous haha

Message 10 of 20 (4,794 Views)