by lenoriennn

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Food stalls: 1 vendor 2 stalls

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Moschino stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an event in the outdoor quad at University of Britechester, the event adds a 2nd food stall but the same vendor tries to work both
What happens when the bug occurs? One vendor goes back and forth between the food stalls constantly preventing anyone from using either stall
What do you expect to see? A vendor at each stall making both usable
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I downloaded the latest patch at the same time as I installed University. I've not attended Foxbury so I don't know if the bug happens there as well

Message 1 of 8 (2,171 Views)

University of Britechester vendor problem

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the sims 4 EP, GP, SP games
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the university of Britechester during debate event
What happens when the bug occurs? The game generates only 1 vendor for the university area for the permanent food stall of Britechester university. So when an event happens about debate, another food stall is generated to the area but no vendor for it. So the 1 vendor sim that exist in the area will run between the two food stalls back and forth constantly. Once the debate event ends and all the objects, including the second food stall, disappear the vendor finally stays put in the permanent food stall and doesn't run anywhere anymore since there are no other food stalls in the same location.
What do you expect to see? it would be better if the another food stall would not be generated right next to the debate event at all. Seems pointless as the vendor keeps yelling about food and ruining the debate event mood. Or make sure the game generates a vendor sim for that event food stall so there are 2 vendors in the location to take care of the both food stalls.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here is an image of the problem

helpiamge.PNG

Message 2 of 8 (2,075 Views)

Re: University of Britechester vendor problem

Hero
@Kittrixsims Awesome illustration.

Merged your post with existing thread on this. Please click me too on the original report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (2,058 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Food stalls: 1 vendor 2 stalls

★★★★ Guide

I too encountered this as something I've observed while attending UBrite but I always thought this was normal and always has to do with the fact that if the neighborhood area has more than one vendor stall (not counting the city) the one vendor will try to man both or choose one or the other. I first encountered this behavior when I placed down a replacement Magic HQ with magic vendor stalls placed on the lot itself and the spectral vendors started only manning the stalls at the lot or switching between those at the lot or at Casters Alley upon traveling.

Message 4 of 8 (1,949 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Food stalls: 1 vendor 2 stalls

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a park where I put down the Foxbury Institute Coffee Cart and Tam Tam's More Than One Slice - Pizza Pop Up food stalls from Discover University. I hired a vendor to tend to the Foxbury Institute Coffee Cart and he started obsessively going between the two instead. He didn't seem as concerned with Bab's Kebabs and Wraps or Fish 'N' Things!, oddly enough, even though they're also from Discover University and were also in the same area. Considering that my sims didn't want food from the pizza stall and had hired him for the coffee cart, it was rather frustrating that it was so difficult to actually get him to go back there and consistently stay there for them to order!

Message 5 of 8 (1,775 Views)

★ Novice

has this been fixed?

Message 6 of 8 (1,489 Views)

★★ Novice

Dont think this has been fixed. Noticed this issue at foxburry as I have seasons installed and the vendor keeps moving between the fall food cart and the coffee cart. This is also frustrating as they seem to go a long way around between the 2 rather than the short way. They seem to go to whichever cart you are focused or clicking on from what ive seen.

Message 7 of 8 (1,351 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@coolkit21 I haven't seen only one vendor. In San Myshuno, The first vendor shows up right away but it usually takes an hour or more for the second to show up.
Message 8 of 8 (1,324 Views)