Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Female Hair with braid not available for teen sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? teens missing a new hair from DU, only appears for YA - Elder
What happens when the bug occurs? Teens can not have the hairstyle with the braid. It only appears for Young adult sims and older.
What do you expect to see? The hair should be available for Teens - Elders.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm assuming this was not an intentional thing? I don't see any reason for teens not to have the hair available.

Message 1 of 23 (3,075 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Female Hair with braid not available for teen sims

Hero

Hair Style ymHair_EP08MensShavedPonytail_Black has been updated for Teens, Adults, and Elders to display all swatches. Similarly yfHair_EP08ShortBobBraid_Black has been fixed to appear as an option for Teens.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

I know some of you have reported they also don't see it on other age groups. Please create a new thread if it's still the case for any other than teens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 22 of 23 (2,328 Views)

All Replies

Re: DU hair not available for teen sims

[ Edited ]
Hero

@hexed07 It does seem to stay if you create a young adult, give her the hair and then switch to teen.

So yeah, bug

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (3,043 Views)

Re: DU hair not available for teen sims

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict just fixed it!
Message 3 of 23 (3,006 Views)

DU Female hair with braid not available in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In Create A Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? The short female hairstyle with a braid with came with Discovery University does not show up in CAS unless making a new sim from scratch. Cannot edit an existing sim to have the hairstyle.
What do you expect to see? I expect the hairstyle to be available to existing sims, both genders, ages teen and up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Comes with Discover University.

I was able to view the hairstyle in normal create a sim, but if I were to go into an existing household and use the mirror or dresser, it doesn't show up. I have tried this with multiple households. ONLY applies to one of my saves. 

Message 4 of 23 (3,091 Views)

Re: DU Female hair with braid not available in CAS

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Arendellagrace It doesn't show up for teens at all. Did you go in with a teen ? For me it shows up fine even when editing for ya and above.

You say it's only one save though ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 23 (3,077 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It’s not showing for any ages teen and up. Yes just the one save, I only have two and it works fine in the other one. 

Message 6 of 23 (3,055 Views)

Hero
@Arendellagrace Could you try repairing your game through Origin ? Only one save seems really odd though

Is that a pre-patch game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 23 (3,026 Views)

Missing Discover University Hair for Teens

★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a teen sim in CAS. Filter hairs to show Discover University. Remove gender filter.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bob with the side braid hair from Discover University does not appear for any teen sims.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the bob with the side braid available for teens, since all other Discover University hairs are available for them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

teen missing hairya with hair

I can force the hair onto a teen by aging them up to a YA, putting the hair on them, and then aging them back down, but this isn't ideal. If I do this and switch to another hair while the sim is a teen, I can't put the missing hair back on them without repeating the aging up and down process.

Message 8 of 23 (2,960 Views)

Re: Missing Discover University Hair for Teens

★★★★ Guide
@MrsTomato1018 That is odd as teens use the adult hair style they should have access to them. I wondering if they forgot to add them to the non gender filter.
Message 9 of 23 (2,938 Views)

Re: Missing Discover University Hair for Teens

Hero
@MrsTomato1018 Merged your post with existing thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 23 (2,917 Views)