Re: Wrong degree! Studied at Foxbury, received Britechester's degree instead!

by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Diploma displays wrong university

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except Moschino stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have a sim complete 2 degrees at different universities
What happens when the bug occurs? the sims diploma for the second diploma shows the wrong university and has the wrong frame
What do you expect to see? I expect a diploma to show the correct university and have the correct frame style
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims first degree was communications at Britechester, her second was Economics at Foxbury, third is History at Britechester. all 3 diplomas show Britechester 4.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 20 (5,505 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happened to me too. I have a super sim and had her go to both colleges to get all of the distinguished degrees, but all of the diplomas I received say brightchester, and most of them have the wrong degree field on them plus it’s without honors. Only the diplomas say this, on her profile tab it has all her degrees listed appropriately.

Message 2 of 20 (5,475 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@z4a0c6gvml4j Moving your post over to the degree issue. Think it's a bit different from what the other user reported.

Was the graduation also at the wrong uni for you or just the degree ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 20 (5,452 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict After the first 2 graduation ceremonies, I didn’t send my sim to them anymore, so I can’t say on that. 13 ceremonies is a lot to go to lol
Message 4 of 20 (5,433 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Diploma displays wrong university

★ Apprentice

All diplomas are showing Britechester. I've gone through every one, no mods. 

Message 5 of 20 (5,338 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I finally had a Sim finish a second degree. Justin Dyer's first degree is a Distinguished Degree in Art History with Honors from University of Britechester. His second degree is a Distinguished Degree in Biology with Honors from Foxbury Institute. His Biology diploma is from the wrong university.

Both diplomas are titled Magna University of Britechester Diploma.

The details for both diplomas say they are from the University of Britechester. They do have the correct majors and they both say With Honors.

The information on the Simology panel correctly shows that the Art History degree is from University of Britechester and the Biology degree is from Foxbury Institute.

Justin attended both graduation ceremonies. The ceremonies took place at the correct locations, the first one at Britechester and the second at Foxbury.

Justin lives at Honeydew Fields in the Gibbs Hill neighborhood of Britechester.

I'm playing on PC. I have no mods or custom content installed, and never have. My game version is 1.61.15.1020 according to the GameVersion file.

Expansion packs: GTW, GT, CL, CD, Seasons, GF, IL, DU

Game packs: OR, SD, DO, V, PH, JA, SV, RM

Stuff packs: PP, CK, SS, MH, RG, KR, VG, BN, Toddler, Moschino

Free stuff: Holiday

Message 6 of 20 (5,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I posted this on another thread, but after re-reading both OPs several times, I think my problem is more similar to this one.

I have two Sims, and my plan is to have them get all degrees.  (Aging is turned off for them.  Other than it being grindy, it's certainly not impossible.)  The first two degrees they got were Computer Science and Physics from Foxbury.  They got the degrees and diplomas, no problem; both are Distinguished and With Honors.  Then they got the Language & Literature degree at Britechester: Once again, no problem - With Honors and With Distinction from Britechester. 

The fourth degree they got was Psychology; I sent them to Foxbury so it would be With Distinction.  It shows up properly as With Honors and With Distinction in their Simology screen, but the diploma says it's from Britechester.  They DID graduate in red robes from Foxbury, however.

I even went back to an earlier save, taking out all mods first, made sure they were at Foxbury, and tried it again.  Once again, their diplomas were from Britechester, although everything else - robe color, Simology degree - showed that the degree was from Foxbury.  Interestingly, it DOES say Magna on the diploma, which hints that it knows that it SHOULD be a Foxbury diploma.

This isn't a HUGE problem for me, but I'm a bit OCD, and I really wanted an equal number of black and brown diplomas on their wall, and now there won't be.  :D  

One difference between that degree and the other three: Their terms doing the Psych degree they didn't join any extra-curricular activities (robotics club, spirit corps, etc.), and the other three they terms they did.  While that should NOT make a difference (unless it's related to the bug), it's just a note that there was that difference when they were doing those terms.

Message 7 of 20 (5,221 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just wanted to note that I'm having this problem still (September 2020).

No mods, no cheats. The diplomas are showing the wrong university. 

Message 8 of 20 (4,906 Views)

★★★ Pro

I am able to replicate this bug.  This is what I discovered:

• Sim goes to Foxbury first then Britechester, the degrees will have the correct school
  • If a Sim goes to Britechester first and then Foxbury, all subsequent degrees will show they are from Britechester even if they were from Foxbury

If someone could check the traits to see if the Sim has the Britechester hidden trait after graduation that would help.

Message 9 of 20 (4,853 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem - my sim also went to Britechester for art history and graduated with honours. Later on, I wanted her to have an economics degree from Foxbury, and so she went and got that with honours too. Both times, she also attended the graduation ceremonies, which both were at the right school and with the right colour robes. However, when the economics diploma showed up in the inventory, it was the wrong school.

I've attached a screenshot. The diploma underneath the framed picture is the art history one from Britechester, and it correctly says what it needs to. The diploma underneath the unframed graduation photo is the new one, the one that's supposed to be from Foxbury. As you can see in the simology tab, that does say she graduated with honours from Foxbury (Heron in Danish) Institute with a distinguished degree in economics. And yet, the diploma on the wall says she got a degree in economics with honours from Britechester University.

Message 10 of 20 (4,823 Views)