[FIXED] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension/ Taking break

by Nickelle19

Original Post

problem with class schedule

★★★ Novice

For a long time I have problem with a class schedule from a sim. Always is "suspended" and show that "cannot enroll for 0 days". What can I do??

Message 81 of 101 (1,353 Views)

Re: problem with class schedule

Hero
@pinky88ization Merged your post with the bug report on this

Click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 82 of 101 (1,317 Views)

Re: Stuck Suspended from University

★★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem. I decided to do some activities with some courses at the university. For example to raise skills or go to lectures by teachers. If the problem does not stop I will leave it like this. I do not like to play with the same family all the time because he goes to university. It should add a function when we change household to pause courses from universities.sorry for my english. Standard smile

Message 83 of 101 (1,309 Views)

★★★ Guide

15 months since game release and nothing has been done to fix this issue, seriously DU has been the most frustrating pack of all.

Message 84 of 101 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree with you! It is a very nice pack  but I think needs improvement

Message 85 of 101 (1,255 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Exactly, I don't understand why the households attending university don't simply pause when you are playing them. Like when sims go to work. They don't lose their job because they hadn't "been to work", lol. I haven't played this pack in a year now because of this bug.Frown

Message 86 of 101 (1,175 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension/ Taking break

★★★ Novice

I have no Mods and don't know how to use them. I am playing on a Mac.

Again I am very distressed by this problem having spent all week trying to get a couple with a baby through university each of them - they live with one partner's parents who have taken time off work, nannies have been employed, and everyone's rewards balances used to buy potions.   Homework has been done on time - though sometimes I set a Sim to do homework and go off with the grandparents and the toddler and it is not done.

The stipuations are hand in work by end of term but my terms have twice ended on a Thursday unexpectedly early (should have been Friday) and the work lost and once a presentation board disappeared before the Sim could present it (after the last class in that subject but before the end fo term).

I really worked pulling my own all nighters to get my two Sims through college as the clock does not seem to stoop if I take time away from the game  Now my second Sim - Lilah - has been suspended with ten credits complete and should, with a C+ GPA have passed the other two classes if barely,   This happened before when I stopped playing one household and went to another but this time I waited till the girl had done all her classes and put all her work in, and then moved to anoter household.  Now I have three households with a Sim suspended from Uni with the 0 dqys to enrll but unable to move past this problem (though the univerisities have taken the enrollment monies),   Most upset with the gril Lilah as 10/12 credits (should have graduated). She is at level 4-6 in the following skills Logic, Research and Debate, Fitness, Wellness, Writing, and Herbalism is level 3.  I ust need this sorted now as i worked my socks off and ... well can the Sim write to the univeristy to lodge a complaint?
I just need to know how to solve this for my Sim and get her her degree to go on and be  a doctor (her degree was Biology). It is very bad of EA if this is an ongoing problem they have not solved and, having stayed up for four nights on a row to get this through, I am very angry and upset (I appreciate that I have some issues esp since lockdown with the isolation where this is my life and my only social contact with, well not people because Sims, this past year but that is how it is.  I need to have this resolved.   The re-enroll cheat does not work.

Message 87 of 101 (1,084 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I complain to the games makers about this pack (and the laundry one- or the maid service at least).

Another Sim has been told she risks failintg her Computer Science degree tho - while she does faff around and take 50 Sims mins to use the loo and another hour to have breakfast though I get her up with almost two hours to spare before class, and then cannot ever get her there before  at least 30 mins into the class for the delay between the ability to click the go to class button and it falling down/happening.  It says she is doing the bare minimum but that is not her fault and - each time she has been late she has does additonal studying and even with her presentation, it seemed to take 8 hrs in Sims to refine and organise despite the x2 focused, sleep replacement and energy potions (this was her fault - it kept saying she was tired but I had, as the instructions said, planned her week just normal tasks ended up taking an disproportionate extra time.

Now while she was giving her presentatioon, the clock seemed to jump and she got another bare miniimum warning - again the ability to give the presentation seems to disappear with the last class which does not allow the benefit of the class even if there is an final day and half of term remaining (as the instructions lay out).  It would seem the university is breaking the guidelines in their codes of academic guidelimes for students.  Whom do I complain to since this girl I havr helped to work her socks off.   EA need to resolve this as it is not fair on the Sims (or the person playing the game)   I have even upped her skill levels in the disciplines to more than 7  and still.... (she should with that and as a genius be whzzing through).  It is injust for the individual sims

Message 88 of 101 (1,052 Views)

★★★ Novice

tt has just happened again - she was late for class tho the "go to class" button did not appear till the class was 20 mins in and now she has been suboptimal in her performance. I am trying to hard here to get it right with this girl and she has dooe nothing this Sim week but go to class, do homework, prepare, study, and write presentations (and eat/sleep).  I do not know why picking a plate of food from the kitchen takes two hours or using the loo takes nearly an hour. I do not understand why sometimes the homework takes 30 mins (she has level 5 Research and Debate) and sometimes 8 hrs.

I do not know how to solve this and make it right I need to know how to make this work right  It is not enoyable now and it is the onlly life I have that my therapists say i should use to cope durimg lockdown and no abiiitu to see them or any social interactions with anyone week on week other than my carers fro an hour three times a week

Message 89 of 101 (1,050 Views)

★ Novice

I found a solution, however this does not allow your sim to re-enroll, just lets them graduate. It requires TwistedMexi's mod called "All Cheats" to work. Open the command prompt and turn on testingcheats, then enter University.Graduate. Your selected sim will graduate with their current GPA, receive the degree, and be able to attend graduation.

Message 90 of 101 (838 Views)