Re: [OPEN] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension/ Taking break

by IrisuChan

Original Post

★★ Guide

so frustrating. I only started playing sims4 this year after years of sims2, and the more packs I got, the more bugs I found. Annoying bugs that have been around for years, in some cases. Now I also have one sim suspended and cannot enroll for 0 days. I tried to use the cheat and force her to re-enroll but that even also doesn't work.

So what other option is there? Because I read even if you drop out with this bug, you cannot re-enroll ever again. Frown So this sim will just go onto a job and never finish uni???

Message 71 of 101 (1,350 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

That is what is supposed to happen, but this is clearly a bug. It’s been saying 0 days for weeks now and I can’t reenroll. Why isn’t EA fixing an issue from 2019? It’s been a year. I honestly hate university. This is the expansion that exhibits the most issues. It’s sooooo buggy. It’s absolute garbage. My sim stand in front of buildings not going in to class. My sim not being able reenroll after suspension. I hate the stupid way of tracking progress, the inability to send to class until it’s too late to actually do it without being late. I had sims fail with maxed skills and all requirements complete and sim which were at barely 3 skill points pass without me doing anything. Every single time I send a sim to uni something goes wrong. I use no mods and no cc and the issues just pile up with the sims team not addressing any of them. I hate uni so much I started doing all college work from home (it’s the least likely option to fail and to crash my game). This was the last sim I still had at uni and she has only 2 classs to finish. I refuse to start over. Is it really so difficult to do something, a cheat code or anything to unblock this bug? 

I turned off holidays and my sims are still not going to finals. I have been reporting and me too-I get to all the uni threads because it’s a garbage expansion. Some of these issues are over a year old. The sims is issuing new expansion, game and stuff packs, but has not addressed any of the university issues

@MonikaJo21 I tried that and it didn’t work. I also removed all days off on my calendar and my sims still don’t go to finals. Sometimes when they do they just stand in front of the building and never go in. I hate this expansion. None of the features work, it’s poorly designed (with the stupid go to class appearing when class already started) and when I send them early they get there too early and either don’t go in anyway or just walk away because they don’t want to stand there for 30 min and then they are late or don’t go at all.

Doesn anyone know of a mod that might help? I think I have more faith in modders a year later from this issue being reported. 

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 72 of 101 (1,227 Views)

Re: Cannot re-enroll after suspension (automatic suspension)

★★★ Novice

I posted in this thread AGES ago... Can't believe that it is still a problem!!! I basically never play any of the university gameplay because it just doesn't work! Completely pointless

I loves Sims but man I hate this game!!! All the expansions are such half arsed money grabbers that aren't even compatible with each other!

Such a shame because I do want to play!!! But it's just frustrating rather than fun 

At the moment my game just crashes for no reason ... Great 

Message 73 of 101 (1,221 Views)

★ Guide
@Amiloo I am so annoyed at all these issues. I find sims 4 very poor in terms of game play in general. They created happy little robots. Even the sentiments don’t help. Why would they, if they are limited to a blurb in a profile description. Game play is not comparable to previous sims games. Simply put sims 4 lacks many animations, diversity and anything that truly distinguishes sims from each other such as likes, dislikes, attractions, actual behavior that reflects it, traits that actually work and impact gameplay, reputation that is not black or white (which doesn’t matter anyway). Your game play is limited to watching your sim sit in front of the computer. How exiting! I need a bit of drama. I want my sim to act like they are unhappy or whatever they are, not just have an emotional aura change because they saw a pretty picture. I don’t want to click on a sim computer and just get everything done. My sim doesn’t even need to sit at the computer any more. I had once clicked to buy medicine. My sim didn’t even sit at the computer to do it. It just appeared in the inventory. Can they make this game any less challenging? Even with snowy escape. You can abandon your toddler on a slope. Just click send home and poof done. Why not call a babysitter and have her take the kid from you? Because that would require an animation that this game would not bother putting effort into. My sims are happy clones and nothing impacts game play. And the few features they gave the players don’t even work correctly. Expansion packs should affect the entire game play not just slap new world and a few skills and world related aspirations. Snowy escape added lifestyle (which are subs for traits that don’t impact anything), but they didn’t bother thinking if that maybe would be stupidly impacted by the job the sim does. For example one of my sim is a cop so she has to talk to people to do her job. That should not make her a people person. Can I get just neutral introduce (not friendly, polite, rude) so she can do her job without impacting lifestyle. Generations in sims 3 overhauled the entire game and addressed all previous expansions, tied things together. And when they try to do it now it’s buggy and then it’s not addressed. They might need to flush out bugs, but it’s been a year with this one. In that year they issued two expansion packs, one worthless game pack and one stuff pack and my sim can’t complete a basic task such as going to class. Instead they gave players ploppsy. So I can stare at my sim spending more time at his computer. What annoys me even more are the players that tell people who complain to stop playing or stop complaining because they are happy sheep without a critical though. Here is the thing. It’s actually the complainers that make this game better. Because they are the only ones that provide any insight. I’m not saying I hate everything about this game. I’ve been a fan since Sims 1. Sims 1 was one of the first games I got. Who ever works on build mode clearly knows what they are doing. I haven’t checked the recent stair issue, but at least I think it will be addressed. Because unlike play mode, build mode issues are in fact addressed. I also love how beautiful this game is. But, it’s a pretty shell. I can build for hours and I am frustrated after minutes of game play especially with university, naps and now my newly discovered routing issues (my sim walks around the entire house from front door to back door to perform task assigned in a nearly empty room). More then half of animation or game play related features in Uni are buggy. Please fix University issues and add necessary features to make it playable; like allow me to send my sim anytime within the hour before class. Let me track progress better. Address seasons related issues and allow me to take off probation after a week so I can play the few repetitive features this game gave the players. I gave up on this game being interesting and exciting, but at least please make it functional so I can enjoy my clones. I get the bugs show after release, but not addressing this for a year is a bit extreme.
Message 74 of 101 (1,207 Views)

★★★ Novice

I hear everything you are saying! 

I'm also a long term Sims player, sims1 base game onwards

I've never really been satisfied at any point with sims4, it's always felt hollow. You're right about the gameplay being unchallenging. I don't know why I keep coming back to give it a chance, just annoys me further every time I try!! Such a shame, it should be awesome

Message 75 of 101 (1,198 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Sid1701d9 Repaid student loans, live off campus and still suspended with 0 days showing left
Message 76 of 101 (1,143 Views)

★ Novice
Hi, i have the same problem, please do something.

I play with some family at the same time, and never had a problem with the progression of time, until I played with the college sims. I have placed people in each college to interact with each other, but the bug causes sims in my other household (being inactive) to get kicked out of college, and I can't re-enroll because they are excluded for another 0 days !! It also means that I can no longer play with my other families (at Oasis Spring, for example) without causing a mess in college. I am very disappointed and frustrated with this situation, having known I would not have bought this pack.
Message 77 of 101 (1,091 Views)

★ Apprentice

Had 2 sims enrolled in the same college, living together in the dorms. One of them got suspended for 5 days. I played said sim for those 5 days and enrolled again as soon as I could, and immediately after loading into uni, my other sim got suspended and is now stuck on 0 days. She's 5/12 and now I'll have to drop her out and start over, because Sims 4 just can't release an expansion WITHOUT game breaking bugs in it.

Really wish Sims had some competition, cause my hope for EA games being any good is dying fast.

Message 78 of 101 (1,023 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Has anyone found a workaround or a mod to fix this yet? My sim was on her last term, only 2 classes to go, & I switched to another household. When I came back she was suspended & the counter is stuck at 0 days. 

I've tried:

-withdrawing from university using MCCC cheat: didn't work, she's still enrolled & suspended

-Using the debug cheat to skip application time which did nothing

-Using debug cheat to enroll her in university, signed her up for classes and nothing... it's like that never happened

I eventually had to just cheat to make her graduate now. I didn't really want to do this bc I wanted the skill gains from the classes but I had no other option.

EA can you please focus on FIXING THE GAME before releasing more stuff?!!! It just keeps getting buggier & more broken with every new pack. So frustrated that I paid all this money and it won't even work correctly!!! 

Message 79 of 101 (985 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This has been over a YEAR and it's not been solved? I wish I read this before I sent my Sims to school! I have 3 different Sims attending school at the same time (one at Foxbury, two at Britechester), though I ended up only playing the Sim at Foxbury first due to a housing glitch that made my other two have to withdraw temporarily. I enrolled all their friends at the two schools, and everything went fine(ish) with the first Sim. She's graduated. But now I've gone back to Britechester and re-enrolled my other two Sims. Here's my problem: all their friends are suspended and "cannot re-enroll for 0 days." I want to see them on campus! I want some of them to live in the dorm with my Sims! I don't care about their academic futures in the grand scheme of things so I'm not chuffed about that but I want them to be able to enrol in classes whenever they want.

On the whole, this whole expansion has been SOOOO buggy I've rage quit the game every day this week. Great job, EA.

Message 80 of 101 (933 Views)