Re: [DU] Inactive sims suspended

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension

★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing here. I made the mistake of sending all of my Sims to college at the same time thinking they could bond better with ear other. What a huge mistake that was, If I went to one house and played them for more than a "sims" day, then someone in the other house would fail. Now i have a Sim who is suspended because of this any I cannot re-enroll her.

Message 51 of 101 (2,120 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension/ Taking break

★ Apprentice

I wish they would fix it already so sad I'm stuck in my game and can't move forward because I'm afraid to play now. 

Message 52 of 101 (2,084 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem. I only had two classes left so I did not want to start over. I ended up dropping out and then cheating the degree because I've been stuck at the 0 days left countdown for multiple sim days and want to move on with my game. 

Message 53 of 101 (1,999 Views)

★★★ Novice

Was this ever addressed? Mine still says 0 days and got re accepted but still can’t go to school. 

Message 54 of 101 (1,854 Views)

Hero
@kschmahl92 it's an open bug

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 55 of 101 (1,854 Views)

[DU] Inactive sims suspended

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a term for a sim (on probation), play another household for 7 days, return back to the sim and the sim will be suspended from his university. It'll say "cannot enroll for 0 days"
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims cannot be re-enrolled no matter how many sims days had passed.
What do you expect to see? A way for the sims to pass their terms automatically or at least inactive term days would not count.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I have a house with 4 sims who are all enrolled in the university. I went on playing another household for a few days and when I came back I was frustrated to find out that they have all been suspended (they did well before this - homework were always completed and term papers were submitted) and now they couldn't re-enroll. It says "can't enroll for 0 days" and it just stuck there. I had to make them drop out and re-enroll again but the credits were all gone! Is there no other way for the term day to not count when you are not playing, or let the sims work their way through it? I play multiple households at a time and it's just frustrating how this expansion makes it so, so much harder.

Message 56 of 101 (1,828 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [DU] Inactive sims suspended

Hero
@enqihee I merged your post with the thread on re-enrollment issues.

There's also a thread for rotational game play issues here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Rotational-play-causes-Sims-to-miss-work/td-p/6666...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 101 (1,792 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had this issue occur in multiple saves. I can't believe it's been six months and it still hasn't been fixed. It makes the pack literally unplayable, which is a shame because it's a great EP when it actually works.

Message 58 of 101 (1,646 Views)

Re: Cannot re-enroll after suspension (automatic suspension)

★★★ Novice

I did the testing cheats & selected enroll. It let me select the college & courses. It even deducted the money from the household. However under my sims class schedule it still has them suspended cannot enroll for 0 days. 3 sims days has passed & it has nothing is happening 

Message 59 of 101 (1,567 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension

★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. From reading just this one thread seems like I am not the only one having huge issues not only with this pack but also with playing rotationaly in general. There are some things I think definitely shouldn't be happening "off camera" as it were. The University system is one of them. On a related note I've just had an issue with the game counting weekends in it's term days: I was never able to hand in my sim's presentation for her final semester, causing her to get a D- in that class and dropping her average from like A++ (if that's a thing, not sure how American grades work) to a B- Frown

Message 60 of 101 (1,521 Views)