Re: Cannot re-enroll after suspension (automatic suspension)

by MonikaJo21

Original Post

Re: PC Windows 10 University Sim 4 Suspened Won't End

★★ Novice

Hello, I'm having the same issue with a sim not being able to re-enroll after being suspended. I've tried to use the University debug cheat, but the option to enroll is still grayed out. It's been at leat two weeks in Sim time, and it still says cannot enroll for 0 days. It's frustrating because she only has 3 classes left to complete and I was able to have a sim re-enroll after being suspended in the past.

Here's my save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eq4wUoExFXMC4IfJXCAZgeU5KxcXAY6A/view?usp=sharing

Message 31 of 101 (6,314 Views)

★★ Novice

I’m not sure if it will work for u but worked weirdly for me, I took my sims traveling to the college, joined some skill classes n tutor classes, came back home n it had counted down. Not sure if it’ll work for everyone but I got lucky with that. 

Message 32 of 101 (6,261 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@angelofgrim No, our problem is different. The counter in our games has already counted down to zero. The problem is that it stays stuck on zero and never changes.
Message 33 of 101 (6,254 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension

★★★ Newbie
@janyses I had the same problem too so while it was I did that she would sign up for work and then she would leave and it worked out for me
Message 34 of 101 (6,208 Views)

★★★ Guide

I had this issue a few days ago, and after finding this thread, I made a new (clean) game to test.

Game Version: 1.60.54.1020 (PC/English)

Expansion/game/stuff packs: Seasons, Discover University, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff

No mods/CC

I played the pre-existing "Best of Friends" household, with Becca and Julia.  Except where noted, I played the dorm (with Becca) as the active household, just checking the other household at the end of each term.  I had aging turned off for everyone.

I saved after each term, so there's multiple files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DoQlWqztn3arLdBs3CaC9xKExc-F8p_F/view?usp=sharing

Slot_00000008-1 - before starting (playing both in the dorm)

Slot_00000008-2 - after 1 term - Julia is on probation and moved off-campus.

Slot_00000008-3 - after 2 terms - Julia is suspended (0 days left).

Slot_00000008-4 - after 3 terms - I played Julia for a week.  Becca passed her courses on her own.

Slot_00000008-5 - after 4 terms - Becca has graduated and moved in with Julia (still suspended).

Message 35 of 101 (6,119 Views)

Cannot re-enroll after suspension (automatic suspension)

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything, except: Magic, Vampires, Strangerville and most accessoire packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Enroll in new semester. 2. Start playing with another family for a week or two (simsweeks of course). 3. Get back to first family, find sim suspended and unable to re-enroll, even after re-applying for university.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim cannot go back to university! The game keeps telling me: "Cannot enroll for 0 days" and that stays active every day...
What do you expect to see? For the message to disappear - or at least to be able to enroll after applying again (I got a new acceptance letter and all my scholarships remained active).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So, my supermom actress decided to study drama. But then I decided to play with another family for a little while, getting back to my supersim and find her suspended. I cannot get her back in college! Not after waiting for suspension to pass (because the message remains: suspended for 0 days) and after applying again, I can still not enroll... Would be great to see the bug fixed.

Message 36 of 101 (6,086 Views)

Hero
@gjbbuitelaar Merged your post with existing thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 101 (6,071 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks. Though no solution yet, I see. Too bad!

Message 38 of 101 (6,043 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problems! Also my sims cant seem to go to final exams which is causing the probation and suspension in the first place, its getting very annoying now because basically this expansion isn't playable, sunk a lot of hours into it for nothing!

Message 39 of 101 (5,966 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

I was able to fix this! Getting down to zero days left on probation and had 10 credits completed so dropping out was NOT an option. I tried testing cheats and it gave me the option to re-enroll!
Also, not sure if anyone had this problem but holidays will not let you take your last day finals. It doesn't show up in your class schedule so be aware!

Message 40 of 101 (5,903 Views)