Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension

by lilkitty916

Original Post

Hero
@Nickelle19 Are you using any mods/CC ?

as this doesn't seem related to this issue, it's best if you made your own thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 101 (4,150 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

How do you drop out ??? I don’t see any option for that 

Message 12 of 101 (4,018 Views)

Hero
@lilkitty916 I think there should be one on the phone ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 101 (4,005 Views)

[DU] University suspension never ends

★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The sim-student should get suspended from the studies
What happens when the bug occurs? The suspension never ends
What do you expect to see? The suspension should have it's limit, and we should be able to see how many days are left
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Another game-breaking bug (at least Discover University expansion-breaking).

This bug is directly related to this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Rotational-gameplay-is-impossible-for-Universit... If you experienced one, you will definitely experience another.

The long story is in other bug's description. So, several of my sims got suspended from the university. The university menu says " 0 days left" and all university options are greyed out, except I can still ask for grants and I can also quit university. While the latest option will tell you that after leaving university you will not be able to return for 5 days, the suspension just tells "you can't go back for several days". What??? Ok, it's logical that they made it the same - 5 days. So I waited for 5 days, then for 7, 8... nothing happens. And IN FACT, I have waited even LONGER, because I was playing with my other families for SEVERAL IN-GAME WEEKS before checking the suspended one. Besides, I've checked them all - they all are on the infinite suspension.

Message 14 of 101 (3,982 Views)

Re: [DU] University suspension never ends

Hero
@rostsit Like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Can-t-re-enroll-properly-after-Suspension/td-p/... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 101 (3,976 Views)

Re: [DU] University suspension never ends

★★★★★ Guide

Yes, this can be merged then, thank you.

Message 16 of 101 (3,974 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@angelofgrim the problem is - our timer is always on ZERO. It doesn't change, so your method is not for this bug.
Message 17 of 101 (3,976 Views)

PC Windows 10 University Sim 4 Suspened Won't End

★★★ Novice

It started with my Sim going to class but not being able to take the final. There was no reason she could not take the final. Then she was suspended, kicked out of college and put on suspension. The suspension will not clear. I have aging on, I've played the Sim for weeks and the suspension still says, "Cannot enroll for 0 days".

I have tried everything. Moving her out, resetting her. Nothing works.

Message 18 of 101 (3,922 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

YESS, THIS BUG IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. Except my Sims have A's and B"s and it still says, they have been suspended every time I return to play them. The game also kicks them out of University and will not allow them to enroll again. Thus far, it's been a week in real time and 2 weeks in Sims' time, yet the Sims still cannot enroll, a pop up box just says they have to wait a few days and 0 days follows that sentence which makes no sense. Disappointed this wasn't addressed with the most recent patch on 12/16/2019. Makes the game unplayable.

Yeah, I also had my Sims drop out altogether but not only did they lose all of their progress, they were on suspension all over again the next time I played the game a day later.  I also tried using a cheat to re-enroll them but after a few minutes of allowing them to move back in University, they got kicked out again.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 19 of 101 (3,921 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension

★★★ Guide

Anybody with this problem tried using testingcheats to see if there's a hidden trait/buff attached to being suspended that could possibly be removed?

As a workaround fix, at least. 

Message 20 of 101 (3,894 Views)