Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension/ Taking break

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Except Moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get your Sim suspended in University by failing classes, then move out of the dorm/university housing back to your original home.
What happens when the bug occurs? After being suspended, I moved my sim back to my old home. The "Enroll in University" option is grayed out even after receiving an acceptance letter. In the mailbox, the "Enroll in University" option says I couldn't enroll after a few days and couldn't enroll after another term. It's been 2 sim weeks, and I still couldn't enroll. Under Class Schedule, my sim is still tagged as "Suspended" and says "Cannot Enroll for 0 Days".
What do you expect to see? After a week of being suspended, my sim should have the option of re-enrolling.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sim failed in her classes. She got a D-  and was suspended, so I moved her back to her old home. When I tried to re-enroll, the options in the computer and the mailbox say I couldn't enroll for another term and will have to wait a few days. I played for 3 days, and I even switched to a different household and completed a full term. Went back to the household that had problems, and still couldn't enroll. Tried the following:

1. Evicting the household, moving back in

2. Turning the sim back to a teen - the class schedule still shows "Suspended" 

3. Cheats (University debug menu) > was able to enroll and move in to Britechester, but was immediately asked to pack up and move out

I've tried to drop out. So far, haven't checked if it works.

If my sims gets suspended again, I hope the issue doesn't reappear.

Any solutions?

Message 1 of 101 (43,101 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension/ Taking break

Hero

University can be tough but re-enrolling after being suspended shouldn’t be one of those difficulties. Now when you get your acceptance letter in the mail your Sim will be able to head back and complete their higher education journey.

Fixed in Patch 1.87.40/1.58

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 101 of 101 (4,876 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Can't re-enroll properly after Suspension

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've been pulling my hair out over this bug. I thought it might have happened because I was playing a different family at the time she got suspended. Were you playing your sim at the time? Dropping out should work, but it completely wipes out your sim's progress. I don't want her to lose the credits she's earned by dropping out.

The suspension countdown shows there are zero days left for the suspension, but the interaction to enroll remains grayed out because of suspension.

Message 2 of 101 (42,956 Views)

★ Apprentice

I played a different household when my sim in question was in college. When I got back to her, that's when she was suspended and the problem came following after.

I've tried to drop out and after a few days, I got to enroll again. But the point is, we can't re-enroll after being suspended. In my case, dropping out wasn't a big problem since I haven't done much with that sim, but if it does happen again and I have progress, I'd hate for her to drop out. 

I hope there's a fix for this soon.

Message 3 of 101 (42,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This is how it works at my college, Sims that get bad grades in one semester, you go on academic probation, if you don't get the grades up high enough you are bared from enrolling for 1 semester, if you come back again and you get bad grades they bar you for 2 semesters.  If you are in a disqueged degree and you get bad grades, your get suspended and must reapply for college as the scholarship for that degree is no longer valid.

Edit: Let me just explain:

1rt F grade Academic Probation. No suspension.

2nd F grade, suspended for following term/semester

3rd F grade , suspended for 1 year.

failed all classes in one term equals automatic suspension.

Also certain degrees and scholarships have special requirements and if your using them to pay for college the school will suspend enrollment until the required payment method is completed.

When you are on suspension if you live in dorms you must wait for the loan payment and repay all debt to the school before you can reapply to the school without the scholarships.  I hope that helps.  If your living off campus you must repay student loans before you can reapply for college..

Message 4 of 101 (42,882 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Sid1701d9 What's happening in your game, though?
Message 5 of 101 (42,863 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I haven't experienced that bug yet, but I am not sure if its a bug, because suspension should lead to the countdown timer for moving out of dorms and after that you should be able to reappy for college as long as student loans are not defaulted.

Edit: I sneezed and it hit the submit button before I was done adding stuff.:

Anyways when you are suspended and you live in dorms you must leave dorms to be able to reapply or it will still think your enrolled, but not in class.  Apparently the timer should have kicked in while at the dorms to kick you out of the dorms, like it does for graduation and other banned dorm activities.  For off campus all student loans must not be defaulted before you can reapply. 

Message 6 of 101 (42,852 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Sid1701d9It's definitely a bug. My sim lived off-campus and she had no loans. The problem is, the timer reached zero while I was playing a different family. There was no prompt to move out or anything like that. In my screenshot above, you'll see that the countdown timer says zero. It has been on zero for weeks but my sim could not reapply even after moving her to a different lot.

I decided to make her drop out. She lost all of her credits but it's the only way to get past the suspension.

Message 7 of 101 (42,816 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same problem from yesterday, it’s been at least 2 sim days n it still says 4 days until I can re-enroll. 

Message 8 of 101 (42,686 Views)

★★ Novice

So I was able to have the timer go down from 4 days to 1 day then tell me I can re-enroll. I went traveling with my character to the college, did some tutoring, attended guest lecture, attended a class, went to the bar, came back home n the timer was at 1 day suddenly, waited 1 sim day n it told me I can re-enroll, did that n I’m back at college for now lol. Hope it helps!!

Message 9 of 101 (42,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I believe I'm experiencing a new bug.

Have two sims in college.

After the last day of class, the first  a sim got a B+ in his GPA. The second one got a C+.

The sim who got a B+ received a notice that he's on probation.. why?! It feels like the other way around.

Message 10 of 101 (42,541 Views)