by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Can't Add Likes, Dislikes, and Sexuality for Servo

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Digital Deluxe and kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a servobot in a household. Go into CAS and try to change the servo's likes and dislikes, or try the self-interaction of reprogramming personality to change likes and dislikes.
What happens when the bug occurs? In CAS the option to add likes and dislikes to a servo is greyed out. It's still greyed out even if the cas.fulleditmode cheat is active. In the reprogramming interaction the option to add likes and dislikes doesn't exist at all.
What do you expect to see? Some way to give servos likes and dislikes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

FavouritesServo.png

It says "Can't set this on a robot" when I try to click on the likes/dislikes molecule

FavouritesServo2.png

The option to add likes and dislikes doesn't exist when using the reprogramming interaction on a servo

Edit: It's also not possible to give servos a sexual orientation, due to the gender option being greyed out too. I'm not sure if it should have a separate bug post or not.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 34 (8,603 Views)

Re: Can't Add Likes and Dislikes for Servo

★★★★ Apprentice

I added my me too, but I also want to note that servos do get likes (and presumably dislikes, but I've only seen mine get the one like so far) via gameplay.

Message 2 of 34 (8,520 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@deagh93 Do you know if they can get any likes and dislikes via gameplay or only the hobbies/skills? For example I can't see how colours would be possible to gain as likes and dislikes from gameplay.
Message 3 of 34 (8,516 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm testing to see if mine can get a music like or dislike right now. I know that one is possible through gameplay, just not sure it's possible for a Servo

Color...I don't know.  It's possible that it could be done through 'viewing" enough decorative stuff, or it's possible that will be unlocked when the pack releases.  I tweeted an ask to TheSims on Twitter, we'll see if I get a response.

Message 4 of 34 (8,507 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Still haven't gotten a direct answer, but based on this tweet thread

https://twitter.com/tazreentasnim/status/1398213345036038144

my guess is no, they can't get colors from gameplay, at least not yet.

Still haven't gotten a music like or dislike for my servo, but she does dislike dancing now, so it is possible to get skill likes and dislikes for them from gameplay.  I'll keep trying with the music.

Message 5 of 34 (8,448 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have noticed my servo as well cannot modify likes and dislikes as well; however, as others have mentioned, I have received prompts for liking/disliking certain activities or skills. I can confirm that my servo received a popup for Spooky Music and has that added as a like.

Message 6 of 34 (8,399 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have an update!  This happened while I was playing another household (I play rotational) but when I came back to the household with a Servo in it, she dislikes the color yellow now.  I still can't add them in CAS, so she must have gotten it through gameplay when I was playing another household, because she definitely didn't dislike yellow when I was last playing this house.

Message 7 of 34 (8,252 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@deagh93 So, does that mean that you can't REMOVE the dislike for yellow now?
Message 8 of 34 (8,228 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Correct - thank you, I should have mentioned that, but I didn't think to.  Still can't manually change the likes and dislikes in any way.

Message 9 of 34 (8,221 Views)

Re: [DU] Can't Add Likes and Dislikes for Servo

★★★★ Guide

I added what I think is a premade NPC servo to my household and he already has likes and dislikes which I did not give him.  And now I can't change or delete them.  I know we get notifications for sims we don't play (which isn't suppose to happen) but I usually just say no and have never gotten a notification for this particular sim/servo.

Message 10 of 34 (8,191 Views)