Re: [DU] Can't Add Likes and Dislikes for Servo

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, that was the other thing.  I don't think I got a notification  for the color for this servo.  I mean, it's possible I got it and just clicked through it without it registering, but I really don't think I got a notification.

Message 11 of 34 (1,495 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Can't Add Likes and Dislikes for Servo

I have the same problem. I can set likes and dislikes for my servo only when I get popups in game. I can't set likes and dislikes for him in CAS.

Message 12 of 34 (1,430 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can also confirm that likes/dislikes for activities and music preferences can be added via game play, but not in CAS. This was true for both a NPC servo and a servo built by the household. 

Message 13 of 34 (1,309 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Servos do indeed lack the option of choosing their own likes and dislikes even though the UI in Live Mode is there. Sadly, Servos as a life state are not taken into consideration when new updates are released.

servos no likes dislikes.png

Message 14 of 34 (1,198 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@rlc77 There aren’t any pre-made servos, so the one you found is autogenerated. I didn’t know autogenerated sims could have likes and dislikes though, unless you specifically ask them about their likes and dislikes, I think it’s autogenerated in that case. Did you ask the servo about likes and dislikes?
Message 15 of 34 (1,172 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SqueamishNerd Yes, there is at least one pre-made servo who always shows up at university in every game. I forget the name but its always the same servo.
Message 16 of 34 (1,162 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@rlc77 There's no servo in the Household Manager in new save files. Servos get their names from a list of quite a few names, so it's very likely that two servos get the same name just by random chance. Also, servos were added before the likes and dislikes patch, and none of the pre-mades from before that patch have been given likes and dislikes. The servo you've found is auto-generated and has auto-generated likes and dislikes.
Message 17 of 34 (1,125 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've got a servo my main Sim created, and he mysteriously started to dislike yellow and a few other things that, frankly, he hasn't had exposure to in this playthrough. Even using cheats to edit him in CAS, I can't remove the dislikes. This is a less than ideal situation, as he's supposed to be nannybot at some point and he doesn't like kids music (which hasn't been played in the household at all yet).

Message 18 of 34 (1,042 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Just wanted to add that it's not possible to change servos' sexuality, for the exact same reason as to why it's not possible to add/change likes and dislikes for servos.

Message 19 of 34 (984 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

The servos always so overlooked -sigh-

Message 20 of 34 (962 Views)