Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] [CD] Room Mate Ad: Available Beds not properly counting

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Sims 4 expansion, game, and stuff packs up to and including Discover University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Problem: On standard non university lots, placing an ad for roommate option not available due to "Not enough beds". To recreate this issue: 1. Move two sims and two pets into an apartment with 2 bedrooms. 2. Add a desk, chair, and computer to the apartment. 2. In one of the bedrooms, add a double bed for the two sims, and assign them each one side of the bed. 3. In the other bedroom, add a single bed for a roommate. 4. Use the computer to place an ad for the roommate. --At this point, the roommate option will be disabled with the following message: Not enough available beds for a roommate. 5.Next, delete the double bed, and add FOUR single beds (one each for every "character" on the lot -- 2 sims AND the 2 pets). 6. Use the computer to solicit a roommate. The roommate option now appears successfully.
What happens when the bug occurs? In relationship to this specific issue, it appears that the roommate system currently includes two potential bugs: Bug #1: The game appears not to count (or recognize) assigned double beds when considering the solicitation of roommates. Bug #2: The game appears to be counting pets in the requirement for the total number of beds that must be present on a lot before a sim can successfully solicit a roommate.
What do you expect to see? When placing enough beds for human sims (including double beds), I expect to see the roommate option enabled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

N/A 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 27 (19,204 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't apply for roommate

Hero

Fixed an issue in which beds were counted incorrectly when placing an ad for
Roommates. I mean, as much as Pets and even Toddlers can live with Roommates, the
ad should be truthful to how many beds there are actually in the Lot, not count Toddlers
and Pets as needing adult-sized beds.

Fixed in Patch 1.77.131/1.44

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (4,560 Views)

All Replies

Re: On Standard Non University Lots Placing an Ad for Roommate Option Disabled

Hero
@burgess7777 From what I've seen from other reports, toddlers also seem to require adult beds for the add to work properly

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (19,122 Views)

[DU] Can't put a roommate ad up when I have a pet

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a single sim and a pet plus two beds
What happens when the bug occurs? The game claims there's not enough bed's for a roommate even though I have two. Upon removing my pet from my family the option is available, so it's reading the pet as a sim occupying a bed. It's just greyed out for the roommate ad.
What do you expect to see? Being able to put out a roommate when my sim has a pet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Just go through to your phone and you'll see the option greyed out.

Message 3 of 27 (19,023 Views)

Re: [DU] Can't put a roommate ad up when I have a pet

Hero
@LadyKyn I merged your post. Yes, it seems the pet is occupying an adult bed. You'll need to add beds for them until it's fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (19,014 Views)

Can't advertise for another roommate, despite there being enough beds

★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Household option on Sim's phone or computer, option to advertise for another roommate greyed out/not clickable
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't click option to advertise for another roommate/option is greyed out.
What do you expect to see? A clickable option to advertise for another roommate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Recently installed Discover University expansion pack.

Currently living in apartment: three sims & one kitten. 1 sim & kitten are in household while 2 sims are roommates. There are four double beds; the three sims are occupying three of them with no one sharing a bed, leaving one double bed available.

Message 5 of 27 (18,954 Views)

Re: Can't advertise for another roommate, despite there being enough beds

Hero
@bloodyni3haus merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 27 (18,934 Views)

★ Guide
@bloodyni3haus You have 3 Sims and 1 kitten. That means all 4 of your doubles beds are taken/occupied, as a double bed only counts as one bed (in terms of roommates) and every pet needs a Sim bed too until this bug is fixed. You'll need to place down another bed to qualify for placing a roommate ad.
Message 7 of 27 (18,815 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Thus far the only workaround I found is just removing your pet from the family. Putting the ad for a roommate up and then ask your desired roommate to move in with you then add the pet back in. Thus far it seems to work fine.
Message 8 of 27 (18,808 Views)

Hero
@LadyKyn Does adding extra beds not work ? I was under the impression if you put an adult bed (no doubles) for each pet, then it works ?

Didn't test though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 27 (18,774 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, adding an extra bed for a pet works, but honestly, who wants to keep putting down a bunch of unnecessary beds just to accommodate for the number of roommates we want because of the pets? I've also read, that it's not only pets, but babies and toddlers too which of course cannot use the bigger beds, so this is definitely a bug, and I've tested this issue in my game myself.

Message 10 of 27 (18,725 Views)