[OPEN] [DU] [CD] Pets/TV/Basketball/ .. distracting from work stations

by MmeFish94

Original Post

Re: Sim abandons work at the robotics station and erases all progress

★ Apprentice

Interesting. There might be some relation to your major/degree, then. I noticed my other sims use the station just fine. It just seems to be my engineer sim.

Message 11 of 46 (2,439 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My teenage sim has the same issue. Not a degree student obviously as you need to be an adult for that

Message 12 of 46 (2,410 Views)

Robotics station and basket ball hoop

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020.txt
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but moschino stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the engineering career, send him/her to the robotics workstation to tinker/build something.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim starts tinkering at the robotics workstation and after 5-10 seconds runs off to do something else. In my case the sim always wants to play with the basket ball hoop alone. If the sim isnt alone in the house one other sim instantly comes to start a conversation. Even when canceled and the sim is still in the room, another conversation starts. Once the conversation is canceled or finished or started the sim runs off to play basketball instead of continueing the tinkering.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to finish the task instead of aborting it every time after a few seconds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When the sim receives instructions to do something by the player, the game should not spontaniously abort the task or search for other sims to interrupt that sim.

Message 13 of 46 (2,392 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same here with the robotics workstation and basket ball hoop.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Robotics-station-and-basket-ball-hoop/m-p/8627060#M119159

Message 14 of 46 (2,397 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Zasz_Zerg wrote:

Same here with the robotics workstation and basket ball hoop.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Robotics-station-and-basket-ball-hoop/m-p/8627060#M119159

This describes perfectly what happened with my Sim.  I added a "me too" to your thread.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 15 of 46 (2,383 Views)

Hero
@Zasz_Zerg Merged this with existing thread on robots station distracts.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 46 (2,364 Views)

[PS4] [DU] Sim cancels tinkering at robotics station

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.22
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, strangerville, jungle adventure, parenthood, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, laundry day stuff, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, bowling night stuff, vintage glamour stuff, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, movie hangout stuff, spooky stuff, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio stuff, luxury party stuff, holiday celebration pack, grim's ghoulish guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with more than 1 playable sim. Have sim "tinker at robotics station" and then switch control to the other sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Tinkering sim will immediately cancel tinkering and do something else regardless of the state of their motives. Mine always watches television.
What do you expect to see? Sim should continue tinkering until he completes the task or I tell him to stop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 17 of 46 (2,822 Views)

Re: Sim cancels tinkering at robotics station

★★ Guide

This seems to be the same as https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-TV-interrupts-several-interactions/td-p/8479593/ . Can you click "Me Too" there?

Message 18 of 46 (2,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kriggin1 

I just did some testing in my household with robotics stations in the same room. (Across from each other.) I tested with two of the sims in the household - one (the man) has max skills in robotics, the other (the woman) had no skills in robotics. I ran this test through two cycles of 'tinkering' at the workstation for both of them, then with one cycle of the man tinkering alone.

I have all packs and play on Mac. No Mods or CC

Several observations:

• In both tests they both finished the full cycle of the task to tinker.
  • They both had 2-3 times that they paused and just stood there for several sims minutes, then continued.
  • There is a TV in the room (which was off the entire time). Neither ever stopped and turned it on.
  • In the first test they began chatting a bit about 3/4 through the task, but continued the task (tinkering) until the task cycle ended.
  • In the second test neither talked to the other until the woman finished her tinkering task a brief time before the man was done and began to talk to him. He briefly responded and went back to tinkering until the tinkering task time had completed, then they chatted.
  • I tried again with just the man at the workstation and with the tinkering task and with 'watch TV' in his queue (the TV was off). He did not do the TV watching until the tinkering task had completed.

So I was unable to reproduce your issue. Are there factors that you think were different that may produce it in my game? What are the traits and skills of your sim? Do you have one of those super nice TVs with very high fun ratings? Anything with a super high fun rating is super distracting... a lot. Did you try removing the TV from the room?

Did your sim get dazed? They will stop if they get dazed working at the computer station... as they need to recover. If they work at it while dazed they can get electrocuted. If you have them make a robotic arm this will happen much less ( with the robotic arm on.)

Tinkering and a view of the room layout. TV is viewable from the stations, as I have had them watch from there before to multi-task:

tinkering.jpg

Woman chatting when she finished her tinkering cycle first:
chatting.jpg

There's some great information about the workstation and robotics at this link: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/discoveruniversity/robotics/

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 19 of 46 (2,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Bra1nBlast3d wrote:

This seems to be the same as https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-TV-interrupts-several-interactions/td-p/8479593/ . Can you click "Me Too" there?

Hi @Bra1nBlast3d and @kriggin1

Please don't click the 'Me Too' button for the thread unless you are on PC/Mac. If members are experiencing this on console - as this thread has been set-up for console - please click 'Me Too' here and it will help us with tracking for console. Standard smile 

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 20 of 46 (2,696 Views)