Sim plays basketball instead of doing Archaeology tasks

by alexiskrns96

Original Post

Re: Sims doing what they want - Mac

Hero
@ellenmayberry Moving this over to the basketball thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 46 (551 Views)

Re: Sims doing what they want - Mac

★★★ Guide

I thought I lock my sim in the room using a vault door to prevent him from doing any activity that involves leaving the room. Now the sim starts talking to himself half the time because of the insane trait. This still increases the time to complete the task, proving the mechanic that adds random actions to the queue is still bugged when the sim receives a manual command from the player.

Message 42 of 46 (463 Views)

Distracted by Basketball

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Dream Home Decorator, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have a robotics workstation and a basketball hoop, both outside, 5 tiles apart. I have a bot on the workstation and I tell the sim to "tune up" the bot. The sim has the "active" trait, and likes both fitness and robotics.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will begin to tune up the bot for a few seconds, before cancelling that activity to play basketball. Shoot 2-pointers seems to be the most common distraction. This seems to happen regardless of the sim's mood.
What do you expect to see? Unless contraindicated by the sim's mood, a sim should finish tuning up a robot, if told to do so, even if a basketball hoop is nearby.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm having issues with a sim being distracted by basketball every time I try to have her work on robots. I have a robotics workstation outside, 5 tiles away from a basketball hoop. She was able to use the robotics station to craft a mechanism without distraction, but every time she is directed to build or work on a bot or servo, she cancels the activity within seconds to play basketball.

Message 43 of 46 (459 Views)

Re: Distracted by Basketball

★★★★ Expert
@elonmellen Coincidentally, I just saved the lives of three Sims at the Flea Market who were irresistibly drawn to shoot hoops in inclement weather. All NPCs—I used MC Dresser to put them back in their winter clothes.

The basketball hoops are too distracting and I avoid having them on my lots for that reason.
Message 44 of 46 (422 Views)

Sim plays basketball instead of doing Archaeology tasks

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 23.10
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the archaeology table and perform any task.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim stops performing the task and goes to play basketball.
What do you expect to see? This bug to fixed so my sim can complete her archaeology tasks without a hassle.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi!! Every time a Sim uses the archaeology table, they perform the task for a few seconds and then cancel it to go play basketball.. super annoying, only thing that stops it currently is clicking on the archaeology table and choosing "pick up" immediately after a Sim begins to perform a task on the archaeology table.

Message 45 of 46 (410 Views)

Re: Sim Cancels Robotics Actions To Watch TV

★★★ Newbie

So my Sim kept leaving the Robotics Table to play Basketball. I have a large cellar with a Robotics Table, a treadmill, and a half court basketball. I removed the basketball hoop, and my sim finally completed the task. So my solution is to isolate the Robotics Work station in a room without fun distractions.

Message 46 of 46 (201 Views)