Re: Sim abandons work at the robotics station and erases all progress

by wildirishbanshee

Original Post

I was coming here looking for this! For me, it's the basketball hoop - constantly. My YA female (only sim I've tried it with so far) is in the Distinguished Communications track. She's a soccer player atm. Since she and her family are an Ultimate Sim Legacy, I'm going to be using this thing a lot to level up Robotics, if I don't cave and just buy the books! I own everything but Tiny Living so far. Oh yeah, and she's currently a vampire lol.
Message 21 of 46 (1,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

As a workaround I've found that if you have GT you can create a club (different from the DU social club) for Robotics. You Sims will work at the workstation while the club is active.

You might want to a skilled spellcaster around or some death flowers handy because 2 unplayed club members died of electrocution while I was trying this.

02-23-20_10:22:47 AM.jpg

Adding: Not sure this is a good idea after all. The body count has gotten a bit high. Unplayed club members seem to continue to use the workstation even after they've be shocked.

02-26-20_10:48:02 AM.jpg

Message 22 of 46 (1,031 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] [CD] Pets/TV/Basketball/ .. distracting from robotics station

★ Novice

I am also having this issue. I think my Sim is choosing any "Fun" activity (basketball or TV most often). If I hover over him and cancel every distraction he can sometimes produce a final product. He is a career engineer, did not attend university. 

I have no mods or CC and have already run multiple file repairs. 
I have seen a similar complaint from all the careers for the university expansion. 
Engineer (here)
Education (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Education-Career-Sim-will-not-Plan-Lecture/td-p...)

Law (https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DU-Law-Work-from-Home-task-not-doable/td-p/8436334)

Message 23 of 46 (991 Views)

Sim Cancels Robotics Actions To Watch TV

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all game packs and expansion packs installed. I also have all the stuff packs except for kids room stuff, luxury party stuff, moschino stuff and my first pet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By commanding your sim to do anything on the robotics bench while having a TV somewhere on the same lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will cancel whatever they were commanded to do, walk away from the robotics bench and begin watching TV instead, even when the TV is in another room.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to continue the action on the robotics station to completion instead of walking away to watch TV. Makes it very difficult to finish any robotics or complete work tasks as a mechanical engineer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This issue has been happening in game for months (real time months lol). There have been multiple patches since this issue began, and I haven't found any other information about it online. 

Message 24 of 46 (966 Views)

Re: Sim Cancels Robotics Actions To Watch TV

Hero
@RhiaLovesTheSims Merged your post with current bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 46 (1,018 Views)

Re: [PS4] [DU] Sim cancels tinkering at robotics station

★★★ Newbie

I am currently having this problem on xbox one

Message 26 of 46 (1,364 Views)

Re: [PS4] [DU] Sim cancels tinkering at robotics station

[ Edited ]
Champion

@shalancia2008 Did your sim get dazed? If they get dazed at the robotics station they need to stop until they recover or they could die if it happens again while they are dazed. Please read the info I added in comment # 2 above and see if there is anything helpful to your situation. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 27 of 46 (1,347 Views)

★ Pro

Since the last patch my (1.62.69.1220) Sims seem to be able to complete building on the Robotics station. Tried this with 2 households.

Message 28 of 46 (950 Views)

Hero
@DizzyDee-K Despite a TV, Pets or Basketball hoops nearby ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 46 (926 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:
@DizzyDee-KDespite a TV, Pets or Basketball hoops nearby ?

Just checked with my mad scientist. Multiple TVs, computers, one basketball hoop,  two raccoons and a rat.

Pets are still a distraction, but my Sims can resume working without losing parts. 

Message 30 of 46 (906 Views)