by svealinn

Original Post

[OPEN] [DU] Auto-lights don't turn off in dorms

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let your Sim sleep in one dorm room with a roommate. Set the lights to "automatic".
What happens when the bug occurs? When the roommate is in the room, the lights in this room will never turn off - even if both the roommate and the played Sim are sleeping.
What do you expect to see? The lights turning off when all inhabitants are sleeping.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Since the installation of DU.

This breaks the immersion!

Message 1 of 7 (1,128 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Auto-lights don't turn off in dorms

★★★★★ Novice

Me too, it's very annoying.

Message 2 of 7 (1,080 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem from time to time. Three sims where all sleeping in their dorm (with auto-lights) and the lights where turned on. Later when one of them got up from bed and left the room the lights turned off. Very strange.

Message 3 of 7 (1,063 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah same. I noticed it only happens when all the beds are being used. If there's even one free in the room then the auto lights work just fine.

Message 4 of 7 (1,044 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Auto-lights don't turn off in dorms

★ Apprentice

It's because the Sims are not asleep when your sim goes to sleep. The game just pushed them to just do the sleep animation while in bed. You can click on them and the normal pie menu is going to pop-out instead of just 'wake up'. They will also get up when your sim gets up. I hope they fix [?] or make a better system on the roommate's sleeping schedule on the next patch. Lol.

Message 5 of 7 (995 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this problem, but it seems to be very specific in the following way:

If my sim goes to bed before my roommates, the lights will remain on even after my roommates finally go to bed.

If my roommates go to bed before my sim, the lights will correctly turn off once my sim finally goes to bed.

The lights that stay on are in whichever room the roommate sleeps in, whether a separate room or a room shared with my sim.

I have autolights turned on for the entire house (type of residence doesn't matter, can be dorm, apartment or house).

Message 6 of 7 (848 Views)

★ Novice

Yep, i have this as well. Wish it will be fixed. 

Message 7 of 7 (767 Views)