Re: [OPEN] [DU] Accused Of Cheating On Homework

by Jes2G

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

This has happened to me about 20 times. Parents keep crashing the Britechester dorms accusing my YA student Sim of cheating. BRUH HES DOING AN ART COURSE HOW TF DO YOU EVEN CHEAT?

My boy has a A+ GPA and works too hard to get these accusations. It's plain rude. Now I've stopped all contact between him and his parents until he finishes his degree. 

Message 21 of 37 (3,594 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Braxien I'm also seeing this in my household in Newcrest. I have a family with 2 roomies. The dad, who is attending one university keeps accusing the (young adult) daughter, who attends the other university, of cheating. Mom is also doing this, just not as much, that I've noticed. She attends the same university as the daughter.

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & I update immediately. I don’t work for EA.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 22 of 37 (3,566 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same. Happened every time my sim visited her family. Never cheated on anything.

Message 23 of 37 (3,499 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was directed to this thread from my own bug report - I have a similar issue. My sim lives in the dorm, but even though I'm legitimately writing my term paper and not plagiarizing, I'll get notified that I was caught plagiarizing. My parents have never come on campus to harass me about it though.

It's frustrating because even though I usually have multiple classes that require I submit a term paper, once I've been caught cheating I'm completely unable to edit or write any term papers for other classes. This results in me usually failing those courses. After the first time it happened, I made SURE every time I was clicking "Write..." and not accidentally clicking "Submit Plagiarized Term Paper". It happens randomly but has occurred several times.

My college sims always use the MyComputer UoG X19 Athena laptop, and I've noticed more often than not it occurs during a Distinguished Degree course. It's very frustrating!

Message 24 of 37 (3,486 Views)

Hero
@CptnVanderbeam How high is your Sims mischief skill ?

LittleMsSam made a mod so that: “Only High Mischief Skill Sims Cheat At Final Exam" .. seems they have a random chance of cheating on those. .. maybe they do that for homework and term papers too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 37 (3,477 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

I'm having this problem too with a twist. I have a set of twins who are attending Foxbury and living at home. One cheated on his homework, and the mother constantly yells at him for it. A few days later, she started yelling at the twin who was innocent!

Message 26 of 37 (3,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

In my game... (in a very seasoned family that I've played with aging off for many, many sims years):

• Both parents parents are attending different universities.
  • Both parents have been accusing their young adult sim daughter of cheating. She is living with them and also attending university. She is not the type to cheat and only taking one class at a time while working full time.
  • I thought it may be mischief since dad is at the rival university of the daughter and majoring in Computer Science (which raises mischief), but...
  • Mom was accusing the daughter also, and she attends the same university as the daughter.
  • Dad's now graduated. His mischief is at 7, but this was happening way before his graduation. His studies raised to this level of mischief by his Computer Science/Programming courses. I believe it was happening from his first year of college.
  • Mom's mischief is 1.
  • Daughter has no mischief rating whatsoever.

Sheri ✿ ☕  Coffee cupI don’t work for EA.
I play on Mac with aging off, never use Mods or CC.
I own all packs, run updates immediately, & backup daily.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 27 of 37 (3,451 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict I've never used mods on sims before.

Sim 1 (mom): No mischief skill and was caught plagiarizing a couple times

Sim 2 (dad): I believe his mischief skill was 4 or 5 (he was a villain at the time); ironically, he was never caught cheating.

Sim 3 (kid): Hers was 1 or 2 in college and she's been caught several times

Sim 4 (grandkid): No mischief skill and has also been caught a couple times.

It's always completely unprompted and has been exclusive to term papers for me. That's such an odd mechanic if you're correct! It'd be one thing if I intentionally cheated and was caught and had my homework blocked, like yeah, then I'd deserve it. But when it'd so random and unprompted, it's super frustrating. 

Message 28 of 37 (3,411 Views)

Hero
@CptnVanderbeam didn't mean to add mods, just saying that the mod point towards the game having some by design cheating factor.

Seems it's unrelated though so thanks for the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 37 (3,409 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Accused Of Cheating On Homework

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with a university student that lives at home. After coming home from class at least one parent will come over and express disappointment for cheating.

Message 30 of 37 (3,409 Views)