Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DU] Accused Of Cheating On Homework

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most updated? 1.58.63.1010. Everything is current.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. I have a young adult sim who lives at home with his parents and is going to Britechester. He does his homework on his own, and yet when his parents talk to him, they say how disappointed they are in him that he cheated on his homework. He has not done that. It happens every day at least once.
What happens when the bug occurs? See above.
What do you expect to see? Not being accused of something I haven't done!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to Discover University.

I don't have one, but will try and screen capture it next time.

Message 1 of 37 (6,958 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [DU] Accused Of Cheating On Homework

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims will no longer be accused of cheating on their coursework or homework if they don’t actually cheat.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

EDIT: Please use this thread if you have issue with being accused of plagiarizing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 37 of 37 (5,855 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Accused Of Cheating On Homework

Hero

Hi @Braxien 

Could you please enter your game version ?

Here's instructions: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/
and here's reason why: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Break-Aug-19th-Aug-25th/m-p/7228122#M101403

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 37 (6,850 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

It says 1.58.63.1010 on the bottom of the start screen.

Thanks, Crin!

FYI, it does happen once a day with both of his parents "I am disappointed in you, [Simname], for cheating on your homework" or something like that. He never does. I never select any of the cheat options and they say it once a day.

Message 3 of 37 (6,811 Views)

★ Guide

I am so thankful I found this thread, because this is happening to me too in the exact same circumstances (uni student living at home, both parents scold for cheating that I have not directed when she returns home) and I thought I was missing something.

Message 4 of 37 (6,807 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same problem with Sim living in the dorm Britechester when going to classes I get a notification she cheated on homework. No mods/cc. 3rd Sim in a row that does that, never played a student that didn't. Didn't try Foxbury. Game version: 1.58.63.1010 (64bit)

Edit:

Tried again in Foxbury because 1st time I chose a dorm that already had one active student and got quickly overwhelmed. But bug didn't appear. Now with my sim as only active the bug is there again, in Foxbury too.

Message 5 of 37 (6,787 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am also having this issue. My sim hasn't cheated, yet her mother just now accused her of cheating on her homework. I play a vanilla game, no mods.

Message 6 of 37 (6,746 Views)

Hero
@Cabelle1863 Is this also for a uni student or a child/teen in the household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 37 (6,720 Views)

★ Guide
Same issue here YA, College student; the mom has come on campus at least twice to "scold for cheating on assignment". Once per term. His step-dad did show up, but didn't accuse him of cheating.
Message 8 of 37 (6,715 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict you can see here on James Turner's University Lets play- https://youtu.be/m2xFuogwLu4?t=2316 the sims dad showed up and accused him of cheating.
Message 9 of 37 (6,711 Views)

Hero
@southaltan Just wanting to make sure it's only for uni students and not also for kids (although there's nothing to cheat there)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 37 (6,697 Views)