Re: [OPEN] [DO] "Free" restaurant bills for non-celebrity Sims without

by gardenlobster

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I too do not have get famous and got this message... Very odd indeed and I paid while at the restaurant too so yeah...

Message 11 of 18 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I purchased the game for Christmas 2018, so my game play has always been since Get Famous was released. I have always seen that message in my game. I just purchased Get Famous two days ago, and now my non celebrity sims are being assessed a $50 table fee, even though I did not modify any restaurants for celebrities.

However, my sim, who is not a celebrity, did not get the double message, only one message that simoleans have been deducted.

Message 12 of 18 (960 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening in my game as well now. I see it's been a bug for awhile, but I haven't had a restaurant in my game for a long time until just recently. I also have duplicate Food Critics with the same name, one an elder, the other an adult. I've included some screenshots of the second incident, but it's happened twice now.

I do not have any Mods/CC in my game and never have had any. I also do not have the Get Famous EP. It's really not a huge problem, but it obviously is something that should be fixed at some point. Thank you!

https://i.imgur.com/yDZ4U9d.png

https://i.imgur.com/jB2K1lJ.png

https://i.imgur.com/Ad1RLNk.png

https://i.imgur.com/XGUUmpf.png

Message 13 of 18 (907 Views)

★ Guide

I've gotten this message ever since I got Dine Out and started using restaurants in my game. I don't have Get Famous. Only in my saves, my sims usually only get the "for a star like you" message and don't have to pay, regardless of career or career level. I don't always use restaurants, but in my most recent save, I do and my new Freelancer has never had to pay for a meal when dining out.

Message 14 of 18 (874 Views)

Meal on the house issue

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sp-01.256
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Quite a few but mainly it is the restaurant expansion the bug occurs on
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get your Sim Go to a restaurant Eat whatever Click on table and click eat and pay bill
What happens when the bug occurs? Notice that the notification states the meal is on the house but they STILL take the money.
What do you expect to see? Money not being taken if they advise me the meal is on the house
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Meal not free when they advise it is on the house

Message 15 of 18 (860 Views)

Re: Meal on the house issue

Hero

Hi @alexxa9292 

Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 18 (849 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Anyways I did a test with a 5 star celebrity with Get Famous installed that had the Star Treatment Fame perk, the message is supposed to be there because there is no bills for someone that has 5 star status with a Star Treatment perk, plus the message didn't appear that message should appear there not in the place its appearing now. I think its a small bug with the misplaced messages though. To verify it the star treatment is working try to order something on the restursant menu its all cost 0, but the restursant don't give any indication that the meal is on the house because the message is showing in the wrong place.
Message 17 of 18 (839 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Anyone still seeing this issue ?

EDIT

Marking this as fixed. Let me know if you still see this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 18 (772 Views)