Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims will not stay seated in restaurants

by IAMEGGPLANT

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've only just started playing restuarants as the owner and this is driving me insane. Sims will standup as soon as the host has seated them. So its not possible to do any of the interactions except welcome. They grab the food and drink from the table and go eat either at the bar or on a couch. when I remove the bar and couches, they jsut stand around eating instead of sitting down. I have all the packs.

Update: I started experimenting with different tables. I was using the Bar height Industrial Wood Square table. When I switched those to the normal Industrial Wood Square tables, the guest sims in my restaurant stay seated! 

Message 11 of 14 (1,617 Views)

★★ Novice
@ImSands Yes! Thank you so much! I switched to those tables and they work, sims actually sit down!
Message 12 of 14 (1,495 Views)

★★ Pro

So yeah, this surely is still a thing.

I wanted to have a restaurant serving proper Batuuan food on my sims' home planet. Well, I built one with JTB tables and all, a bar and even a bubble blower. It looks great but oh boy the experience visiting it is such a buggy mess that I kinda wish I didn't spend all that time building it.

When I visit and request a table, first the host and my sim go and sit down on the bubble blower seats to have the chat "here's your table". Then my sim goes to her table, sits down and gets up. I have my sim sit down and place an order. Other guests arrive, they don't stay seated either so my sim has to stare at Nancy Landgraab's butt while she stands in front of my sim's table. That stetson dude from Strangerville enters the kitchen and kicks over the trash can, blocking the way to one of the sinks. A waiter comes by and leaves some dirty dishes on my table. My order arrives at least with no hiccups. My sim is unable to drink and eat at the same time so she finishes her drink and then I'll have to tell her to eat the food too (but that's just normal gameplay these days, right?). Meanwhile the bar table has been covered in drinks that the standing customers keep ordering. They never touch the drinks. My sim is a bit of a bum so that's basically open bar for her so yay? I order some dessert, the waiter brings more dirty dishes on my table but otherwise the rest of the evening goes pretty well. I pay and leave. 1/5 stars, never again! Ambience was great but my game lagged like never before and the whole experience didn't run that smoothly either.

Thanks for reading my short story, based on actual sims events.

- Frustrated restaurant customer Broken heart

Message 13 of 14 (1,297 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [DO] Sims will not stay seated in restaurants

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims no longer get up from their seats at restaurants randomly and create chaos by speaking to other patrons, grabbing food from their table, putting it somewhere else, and taking over the place by playing the piano or singing. But it was quite the show, wasn’t it?

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

If you're still seeing this, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DO-Sims-won-t-stay-seated-and-eat-full-meal-at-restaurant-Patc...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 14 (11,958 Views)