Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [DO] Sims will not stay seated in restaurants

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest as of 29/08/2018
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Fitness and MFP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Visit a restaurant as either a guest or owner 2. Order food from the restaurant or monitor Sims who are ordering
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims do not remain seated when dining at a restaurant. Instead Sims will do any or all of the following: - Get out of their seat to talk to other Sims - Grab their food from their table and stand next to Sims who they were talking to before their order arrived - Take their food to a barstool and eat it there - Do random activities, such as go jogging or use any interactive object on the lot. I've also noticed that 100% of the time, Sims who are seated in outdoor areas that are not enclosed in any room whatsover, whether that be walls or fences, the Sim will immediately stand up once they have been seated. I've monitored a Sim's interaction queue when they're being seated outside. The seating interaction cancels and they immediately stand up once the Sim is seated by the host.
What do you expect to see? Sims should remain seated when dining at restaurants except for when they need to use the bathroom.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Parenthood patch 2017.

Restaurants were, for the most part, working perfectly before the Parenthood patch.  Even with interactive objects on the lot, Sims would remain seated.  What was also nice was that Sims waiting to be seated by the host would sit and order at the bar, or use interactive objects, which was pretty cool.  This has been a long outstanding issue that makes playing with restaurants incredibly frustrating.

I suggest doing some general check-ups on the Dine Out GP.  The whole pack seems a little bit off in how it works.  Other small bugs include staff wages not being deducted when running a restaurant off-site, wait staff constantly putting dishes down in random places because another staff member is doing a dish collection.  I would create separate reports for these issues, but I can't be bothered right now so I thought I'd air them here until I feel like writing them up Standard smile

Here's a thread over on the official forums where others have continuously commented on this issue.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919835/dine-out-customers-wont-stay-seated/p5

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 14 (14,811 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [DO] Sims will not stay seated in restaurants

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sims no longer get up from their seats at restaurants randomly and create chaos by speaking to other patrons, grabbing food from their table, putting it somewhere else, and taking over the place by playing the piano or singing. But it was quite the show, wasn’t it?

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

If you're still seeing this, please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/DO-Sims-won-t-stay-seated-and-eat-full-meal-at-restaurant-Patc...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (12,214 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [DO] Sims will not stay seated in restaurants

★★ Pro

This has been happening for me too since the Parenthood patch. I've tried mods in the past to fix it, but they've always broken restaurants. I really wish Maxis would fix this. Dine Out worked so great and I loved it until this starting happening (not to mention the issue with waiters jogging) after the Parenthood patch.

Message 2 of 14 (14,622 Views)

Hero
Seems we don't have a current thread for this as it was just mentioned here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/ARCHIVED-DO-Restaurant-Problems/m-p/6099622/highlight/true#M39...

I'll add this as new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (14,610 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (14,522 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims will not stay seated in restaurants

★★★★ Guide

So new issue, with seasons installed my teen sim and her BF are at the Diving Pelican waiting to place an order, the only problem is that all of the staff (minus the MC and the Chef) are all outside shovelling snow, even some of the guests are out there shovelling the stupid snow piles. 

Message 5 of 14 (14,493 Views)

Hero

Hi @halloweenchild13

could you make a separate thread for the snow shoveling.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (14,461 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Sure thing
Message 7 of 14 (14,450 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has not been fixed sorry we now have Season and it isn't fixed I play Resturants a lot because it is the only interaction for the Sims in Sims 4 the rest is all fluff. 

Message 8 of 14 (14,422 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same problem, Sims will not stay seated when dining out in restaurants. Please EA fix this! 

Message 9 of 14 (13,303 Views)

My Sim is a restaurant owner and this has been happening. It makes it very difficult for the restaurant to run properly because the options don't show up unless they are sitting except for Welcome

Message 10 of 14 (13,185 Views)