Re: NPCs Won't Finish Meals, Player will with additional interaction

by Simsidii201

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Sims cancel eating in restaurants

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, 

I know its been awhile, but I just wanted to comment and say that I too have this issue at restaurants. Specifically when my sims finish their drinks they automatically stop eating; I have to command them to continue eating their food. 

Message 11 of 80 (2,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I am also having the issue, sims stop eating when finishing their drinks. I have to command them to continue eating their food. 

Message 12 of 80 (2,437 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I noticed today during a wedding ceremony all of the sims would pick up plates and then put them down. Literally, two floors of food bc the caterer kept cooking. Did he cook the cake? No. 

Message 13 of 80 (2,411 Views)

★★★ Guide

@candiecoatediv That's a separate issue but yeah eating in general is just broken lately, lol. Weird restaurant behavior, toddlers never finishing their food, Sims not sitting a lot of the time, guests at parties picking up plates and setting them down right away....

I'm no coder but it seems to me like the AI and routing regarding eating needs a total overhaul. 

Message 14 of 80 (2,391 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@ShinoTypeError  Oh yeah I know. I initially reported the issue when. Dining out and toddlers at home. Then it gradually started affecting the entire household no one would eat. It was like they were all trying to grab the same plate so they were just standing there doing nothing. 

Message 15 of 80 (2,366 Views)

★ Guide

Having the same problem, sims autonomously stop eating their food at restaurants after the order arrives. It's affecting both active and npc sims.

Message 16 of 80 (2,328 Views)

NPCs Won't Finish Meals, Player will with additional interaction

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Almost every time
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 

Expansion Packs: Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons

Game Packs: Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day

Stuff Packs: None

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By getting an NPC to eat food; Going to a restaurant, calling to meal etc. Seems to mainly happen when they have a drink as well.

What happens when the bug occurs? When an NPC has finished their drink, they stop eating their food. This causes problems at restaurants, as the table can't be cleared for other courses, and is generally annoying. This may be related to another bug I've noticed, where Player sims get about halfway through a meal and get stuck, which is only fixed by requesting and cancelling an action twice (eg. click on plate, clean up, cancel interaction, repeat once). After this is done, the sim will eat one bite of the meal and stop, meaning I have to do it again.
What do you expect to see? That meals are eaten fully without me having to trick them into it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes, but I've tested with and without mods with no difference. I've also tried repairing my game, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. but this made no difference. It's also the same on any save, new or old.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Unknown, the Player sim bug has been around for me for a few months, but the NPC issue is recent, possibly caused by upgrading my PC parts but unlikely

I'm going to try replacing my RAM soon to fix other issues I've noticed with the game and will let you guys know if that fixes the issue, but I find that unlikely. The other issues are to do with performance and sims standing around doing nothing, which AFAIK is related to the speed of my RAM

Message 17 of 80 (2,306 Views)

Hero
@boopidoop I merged your post with existing bug report on the issue.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 80 (2,281 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue as boopidoop. Hopefully November will add a big patch with a large section of dine out.

Message 19 of 80 (2,231 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have my sims go out to eat fairly often, so it's certainly getting frustrating having to constantly monitor them to see when they decide to stop eating. They won't continue unless I command them to, which others have noted is not an option if they are dining with an NPC, so it's just tough luck for that poor NPC.

Message 20 of 80 (2,180 Views)