[OPEN] [DO] Restaurants make no money unless managed in-person

by SerenaBeanie

Original Post

Restaurant Will Not Run Unless I Am present.

★★★ Apprentice

I have no mods or cc installed and never have.

Running- Seasons, City Living, Eco Lifestyle, Get Together, University, DIne Out, Parenting, Tiny Living, Moschino.

This is a problem with running restaurants not dining out.

If I am on the restaurant lot it will run smoothly without me doing anything (talking/managing/cleaning).

My restaurant will not work if I am not on the lot, staff  collect wages but no profit is made at all. 

If I open  the restaurant while away from the lot, after 4 hours I have had no customers served. If I then travel to the restaurant lot all customers are grouped outside  in a corner of the lot, they will then enter the restaurant and sit down and get served normally. The chefs are also outside but there are cooking graphics at the chef stations.

Since the customers immediately enter and sit down when I return to the lot I assume they have been greeted and assigned a table.

All staff are either fully or nearly fully skilled and satisfied.

I have all perks apart from the two temporary ones.

When I am present the restaurant is profitable.

The two chefs don't enter the restaurant till about 2 hours after opening regardless of my being present but then will do so unprompted, this is reported by multiple players.

Edit: Apparently there is a line of code that has a value set at 120 (hence the 2 hours) instead of a much lower number. I should not have to change my games programming myself. This is, and should be addressable by EA, especially as this is NOT a new issue, they are paid to do this.

If I leave the lot while the restaurant is open and running smoothly service appears to halt and will resume only when I return to the lot, customers being back outside in a group.

All objects including decor have been re-placed without using move objects this does not help.

I have replicated this issue across several restaurants.

Looking around these forums, this is not a new issue but several years old.

I don't know if anyone who actually has anything to do with the Sims 4 and EA reads and looks into these reports but at this point I was mis- sold the pack which claims you can own a chain of restaurants. You Can't.

Message 11 of 17 (1,305 Views)

Re: Restaurant Will Not Run Unless I Am present.

★★★★★ Novice

Years later, this issue and other Dine Out related issues persist. I wish they make a refresh for this pack, it's incredibly buggy. 

Message 12 of 17 (1,082 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Restaurants make no money unless managed in-person

★ Novice
@SerenaBeanie Same problem for me Frown I wish they’d fix this I play on PC! My sim has a whole other full time job so it’s hard to be at restaurant and do that.
Message 13 of 17 (758 Views)

★★ Novice

Still having this problem, years after your post. Extremely frustrating, the entire pack needs fixing (still)

Message 14 of 17 (538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, It's so sad that they are still not fixing it.. 

Message 15 of 17 (501 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@6335382 その通りですね…早く修正して欲しいです。一族で複数経営を謳っているのに。
Message 16 of 17 (450 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's Jan 2024 and in still having this issue! 

Message 17 of 17 (311 Views)