by Ennamora

Original Post

[OPEN] [DO] Restaurants make no money unless managed in-person

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? eco lifestyle, discover university, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, get to work; realm of magic, strangerville, jungle adventure, vampires, dine out; nifty knitting, tiny living; moschino, laundry day, toddler, vintage glamour, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? purchase a restaurant (hire host/waiter/chef, make sure the menu is set up, etc. - even test if it's functional by visiting and managing it in person). open the restaurant for business but do not travel to the lot while the restaurant is open.
What happens when the bug occurs? The restaurant makes 0 Simoleans and serves 0 customers regardless of how long you leave the restaurant open (which totals to negative Simoleans after you pay the staff).
What do you expect to see? I expect for the restaurant to at least have customers, even unhappy ones! I don't necessarily expect to see profits, but there should be more customers than 0-1 in a 6 hour period (which is what I eventually tested).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Tested with three restaurants in my usual/modded save and then two restaurants in a clean, unmodded save. When my sims manage the restaurant in person it is perfectly functional; when the restaurant is open without my sims, nothing happens. I played long enough in my regular save to even get the 'well managed' perk to see if that would affect anything (it didn't).

I know Dine Out is notoriously buggy but I feel like this feature used to work! Unfortunately I can't pinpoint when the change occurred because restaurants are a burden to run.

As you can see in the attached images, the only way I got the restaurants to even count one customer was upon closing and getting the final report - after 6 hours sims time. This was consistent in my regular save file but not in the new one.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (14,101 Views)

Re: Dine Out - restaurants make no money unless managed in-person

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I have this basic problem but on console. Likewise, retail stores aren’t restocking anymore if you aren’t actively managing the business. So when visiting, if everything was sold out when I last played, it stays that way. ** I am not longer having this issue

Message 2 of 17 (14,049 Views)

Re: Dine Out - restaurants make no money unless managed in-person

Hero
@MzMelonz Could you make a separate thread for retail.

Thanks,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 17 (14,025 Views)

Re: [DO] Restaurants make no money unless managed in-person

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SerenaBeanie I can't duplicate this .. mine makes money although very little. It took 4 hours for 2 customers but it was always a bit difficult to make money if you're not there.

Does seem like others having issues as well though

It seems like it's updating every 4 hours for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (13,984 Views)

Dine Out, Restaurant Won’t Run While Sim Is At Home

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? SP10: 1.assets.live-sp10.205
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out, Pets, Laundry Day, Island Living, City Living, toddlers, my first pet, seasons, parenthood, jungle adventure, realm of magic, paranormal, bowling night, romantic garden, kids room, movie hangout, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim who owns a restaurant be at their house, and have them open the restaurant from home. Do not go to the restaurant, just let it be open while you are at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? The restaurant should be able to be open and running while the sim is not on the property, and yet zero customers come in until my sim goes to the property themselves. Meanwhile they are losing money while at home, and a notification will pop up warning that they should close down the restaurant for the day since they are losing money
What do you expect to see? My sim (as a restaurant owner) should be able to have their restaurant up and running from home. Apparently this bug has been around for years and has not been fixed. But this restaurant pack was my favorite purchase and yet I am unable to have my sims be parents and run a restaurant at the same time. Which defeats the purpose of the money spent on this pack.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I submitted this report via my phone, and do not have any saved footage of this incident however I can say it happens 100% of the time and I know I am not the only user having this issue with this pack. Please fix this.

Message 5 of 17 (13,918 Views)

Re: Dine Out, Restaurant Won’t Run While Sim Is At Home

Hero
@ameyer4410 Merging this with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (13,903 Views)

Sims 4 Dine out Restaurant Bug

★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living, Get to work, Realm of magic, Dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a restaurant (either on or away from the restaurant lot), leave the restaurant lot and the restaurant will not earn any profit/gain customers
What happens when the bug occurs? The restaurant will not earn profit/customers while away from the lot. Because you need to be at the restaurant while it is open, it is impossible to manage multiple restaurants due to you only being able to have one open at a time
What do you expect to see? The restaurant should gain customers and profit even if you're away from the restaurant Because you need to be at the restaurant while it is open, it is impossible to manage multiple restaurants due to you only being able to have one open at a time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I would like to be able to open multiple restaurants in my world but i am unable to due to this bug. If my sim is not at the restaurant while it is open the restaurant will not gain any customers and therefore a profit.

This bug makes it impossible to manage multiple restaurants simultaneously.

Message 7 of 17 (13,477 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Restaurants make no money unless managed in-person

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this same probably, Feb 2022! Is this really still not fixed?!

Message 8 of 17 (12,149 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Same... I opened a clothing store with some bits and bobs, but it never made money unless my Sim was physically present. The manager did nothing... And restocking took so long, it made customers angry and they left. Everything also sells out very quickly, so you can hardly keep up.
And it would also be a great option to let a manager open the store... 

Message 9 of 17 (12,102 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Ennamora I think that's a good idea.
Message 10 of 17 (11,998 Views)