Re: Restaurant Customers Never Order Dessert

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

Hi @Simsidii201 

this thread doesn't use the bug template yet. Could you please create a new thread for this ? I will then move this one into the new one.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 34 (1,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's okay, because there is a work-around if you dont mind mods. 

Google: Deichschaf, Mods rund um Mahlzeiten

Ist called restaurant Ice and Bake fix.

So my fellow simmer, that googled the same Problem. If you want your Guest to order some baked good from Get to Work or some ice cream from cool kitchen stuff only, at least you can have that. Everything else is up to EA.

EDIT: Removed mod link. Please don't link mods, just name.

Message 22 of 34 (1,205 Views)

★ Guide

A few years later, this is still an issue. I played with a vanilla game this afternoon to be sure. One minor positive update. The only thing on the dessert menu they will order with a dessert-only menu is fruit parfait.

Message 23 of 34 (1,179 Views)

Hero
@Jes2G As this thread is not using the template yet, could you make a new thread ?

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 34 (1,167 Views)

★ Guide

Sure

Message 25 of 34 (1,154 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Restaurant Customers Never Order Dessert

★★★★ Apprentice

For what it's worth, I'm still having this problem in 2020. Very frustrating because I really wanted to open an ice cream shop. (literally the number one thing I want to do) I built a whole save game around it (sims, lots, etc) before discovering desserts were bugged. A lot of time and effort wasted. And I have little hope this problem will ever get fixed considering how long it's gone ignored.

Message 26 of 34 (1,115 Views)

Same here.

Message 27 of 34 (1,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Update- I've tried the Mod and it works really well-Deichschafblog does 'Restaurant Ice Fix' which enables Ice Cream parlours; I now have an ice cream parlour!!!

Spoiler
[snip-link removed]

Message 28 of 34 (1,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Jes2GThis is easily one of the most aggravating glitches that I’ve ever been unfortunate to come across (PS4), since now I cannot even get my full money’s worth for this PAID pack that I purchased. Anyone who buys Dine Out with the intention of making a functional ice cream parlor or donut shop (as I was intending to do) will find themselves utterly incapable of doing so, & considering that this has been an issues for 4 years now..? I’m incredibly disappointed.

My ice cream shop isn’t owned. And as others here have said, with only water as a mandatory menu item alongside the desserts, only child sims will autonomously order dessert while all other sims order water. If I add an app/entree to the menu, they’ll order that instead of the water. I did NOT spend over a week investing time & effort into building an ice cream shop only for sims to arrive & order water. What exactly will it take to get this glitch square on the devs’ radar so that we might finally receive a fix for it, please?

Message 29 of 34 (936 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

You know, I hadn't paid this much attention in the past, but upon finding this thread, I've come to realize that this really is the case with dessert at restaurants. My own Sims can order dessert, but I've never once seen other Sims in the restaurant order dessert. One time I placed an ice cream parlor and noticed Sims only ordering drinks and other glitching, but dismissed it as an issue with the lot itself rather than a problem with the dessert. I had no idea this was a known bug at the time.

Message 30 of 34 (904 Views)