Re: Restaurant Customers Never Order Dessert

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Hero

Do you have water on the menu ? What happens if you remove it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 34 (1,293 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I do have water on the menu. But you can't remove water from the menu, even if you have other drinks, there is no place to x it out. If I have other drinks, 2 out of 3 sims will order only water, the one will order only one of the drinks but not food, if I only have desserts in my menu.

I have removed water from the menu using a mod I made myself before I contacted ea help, to see what happened, and somehow my sims would still order water. Even when it wasn't in the menu, and I checked by becoming a customer to check it wasn't an option. As I haven't added any mods since reinstalling I don't know what would happen now.

The only sims that order desserts are my child sims so far. T-E sims will order a main course. As for appetizers, they will order them when there is no main course. Desserts, no T-E sim will order them, even if there is no main course or appetizers. Just order water.

Message 12 of 34 (1,276 Views)

Hero

Since when is this happening for you ? I haven't played my restaurant in a while but when I was testing something it was ok.

Did it happen after the newest patch for you or before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 34 (1,264 Views)

★ Guide

I haven't tried this since before the latest patch, so I'll have to get it a whirl again. But, from what I've seen since originally posting this problem is that customers just aren't inclined to buy dessert. It happens so infrequently whether dessert is the only thing on the menu or not. Whatever tuning in the game needs to be adjusted so that if dessert is the only thing on the menu they will order it.

Message 14 of 34 (1,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It was about two weeks ago. It happen before the patch, and after the patch it was fixed. This was my first time owning a restaurant, so I can't say when the issue started for then. I have tried with different family, different games, different buildings, and also as requested by ea help, whole new install.

EDIT:It happen before the patch, and after the patch it wasn't fixed.****

Message 15 of 34 (1,245 Views)

Hero

It was fixed after the patch ? Only temporarily or for good ?

I can test again to see if it happens for me too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 34 (1,238 Views)

★ Apprentice

I am so sorry, I miss-typed. It was NOT fixed after the patch. It is still a thing, in my restaurant.

I would appreciate if you would test in your game. Just put desserts in the menu (ice-creams are my main desserts, but I have a couple of others), nothing else, to see if they order at all anything other than water as adults. And you can try the appetizer thing too, if inclined, to see if they order with a main course on the menu. If it is just my game, I wouldn't know how to fix it since I have repaired, uninstalled and installed a few times, but at lease I would know if its just me or a game bug.

Thank you so much for offering your time to this issue.

Message 17 of 34 (1,226 Views)

Hero

I can't dup on my game so maybe it has something to do with your restaurant. Could you upload it to the gallery and post the name here when you've done so ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 34 (1,215 Views)

Hero

Hi  @lunarokz

could you upload your restaurant ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 34 (1,186 Views)

★ Guide

it still doesnt work, but maybe a modder will fix this among

Message 20 of 34 (826 Views)