by lunarokz

Original Post

[OPEN] [DO] Restaurant Customers Never Order Dessert

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Start a new game 2. Download/build a restaurant 3. Buy the restaurant 4. Create a menu without appetizers or main courses
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing "happens." The customers just never order dessert when it's the only option (or ever).
What do you expect to see? Sims should choose from the available menu items. Because of this bug, it's impossible for a player to create something like an ice cream or doughnut shop.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims who dine in my restaurants never order dessert even if there is only dessert on the menu. Even the "offer free dessert" interaction fails. My owner will offer the free dessert and nothing happens. I tried several different menus to try and force them to order dessert. I tried desserts only. In that situation, they only order water and my owners make no money. I tried desserts and drinks, and only drinks are ordered. I tried desserts and one food item, and they only order the food. I tried placing an ice cream maker in the kitchen just in case they needed one to sell ice cream, but of course that doesn't make them order ice cream. I play on an iMac and tried clearing my cache as well as playing with mods disabled. I have playable restaurants in two saves, and this happens in both.

Addition from 2017:

From what I've seen since originally posting this problem is that customers just aren't inclined to buy dessert. It happens so infrequently whether dessert is the only thing on the menu or not. Whatever tuning in the game needs to be adjusted so that if dessert is the only thing on the menu they will order it.

Addition from 2019:

A few years later, this is still an issue. I played with a vanilla game recently to be sure. One minor positive update. The only thing on the dessert menu they will order with a dessert-only menu is fruit parfait.

Message 1 of 34 (5,173 Views)

Re: Restaurant Customers Never Order Dessert

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content

Do they order it if you recommend it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 34 (5,115 Views)

★ Guide

I have played without mods and cc. Yes, if a dessert is recommended they will order it. That is the only time they will order dessert.

Message 3 of 34 (5,110 Views)

Hero

I tested this

For me, they will order any experimental deserts but none of the regular ones unless you recommend them

I know it was working before but now it seems it doesn't.

There was a report before and it was working for me then. I can't remember if that was here or at the officials though.

I'm going to add this on the next round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 34 (5,079 Views)

★ Guide

Thank you!

Message 5 of 34 (5,060 Views)

Hero

Added

Sorry it took so long

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 34 (5,040 Views)

★ Guide

Excellent!

Message 7 of 34 (5,032 Views)

★ Guide

Any word on this issue?

Message 8 of 34 (4,978 Views)

Hero

It should be on the radar of the devs but they never give out ETAs on when something is going to be fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 34 (4,975 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I was going to put this on a separate treat, but I think it is the same issue or similar. If you want me to delete this and post separate, please let me know:

I bought the Dine Out game pack a while ago, but decided to finally own a restaurant now. However, for some reason my customers only buy water, nothing else. The menu I was originally trying was: Drinks-Water, Appetizers and Main-Empty, Desserts-All 30 Ice Cream cones. When my customers only order water, I had that same menu, but added two Appetizers and Main courses, thinking you have to have one for the sims to order, but no, customers still only order water. I have used pre-made menu as well and most order water and one will order food and water for like every 15 sims that come to my restaurant.

I contacted EA Help, and did the chat help. The first rep had me create an administrative local user, delete the Origin folder in ProgramData and AppData Local and Roaming. Uninstall my game manually and origin, and reinstall. Then do a repair. It didn't work.

The second rep had me repair Origin. Again, my customers only ordered water, but I did have one child sim ordered dessert and water. Since that didn't work, she was going to have me uninstall everything again. I told her I had already done that, so she said to post in the forums.

In the forums I was helped and directed to this post. I was also told to sell my restaurant, re-buy it and add more menu options again. I did that and my sims did order food, but only the main course menu. Except for child sims, they didn't buy the appetizers or dessert.

While I do use mods, right now my game is mod free. The game in the administrative local user I have created, as per directed by the first rep, has never had mods. It is completely new, no old saved games, or anything like that.

The restaurants I have tried one has been made by me and the other has been made by EA.

While owner of the restaurant, I reserved a table and was able to order food and water. I saw all my food options I had selected.

Thank you

Message 10 of 34 (4,665 Views)