Re: Restaurant Employee Uniforms won't Save (in Sulani)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DO] Outfit doesn't save

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing for me. Opened a restaurant, edited the menu, went into cas to change the waiter outfit, when I finished and came back to the game, everything resets to the point where I first bought the restaurant. It still happens when I play for a few sim days and then one day go to the restaurant so I can actively run it and when I try to change the outfit again it resets to the point where I just spawned on the lot. Everything means even the music on the radio restarts xD

I only noticed this problem after I bought Island Living. Not sure if it's the patch or the pack because I haven't played in the week between patch and release.

Message 21 of 60 (2,769 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DO] Outfit doesn't save

★★★★ Guide

I have had this happen too, but found a simple work around.

When you go in to set the uniforms there are a few already there - if you delete all of the existing ones and then make a new one styled how you want it to be then it should save. At least, that has worked for me each time I've done it.

Message 22 of 60 (2,763 Views)

Restaurant Employee Uniforms won't Save (in Sulani)

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a restaurant in Sulani, and try to edit employee uniforms.
What happens when the bug occurs? I built a restaurant in Sulani, and every time I try to go to CAS and edit the employee uniforms, it does not save, and the restaurant resets to the status when the lot first loaded in the game.
What do you expect to see? Restaurant employee uniforms can be properly edited and saved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island living installed.

I built a restaurant in Sulani, and every time I try to go to CAS and edit the employee uniforms, it does not save, and the restaurant resets to the status when the lot first loaded in the game. I have tried removing all the mods, and starting a new game completely, but the issue remains. Not sure if it is the same for other worlds though. Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 23 of 60 (2,768 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@VivienneDelilah This is a general issue not just in Sulani

I merged your post with the existing report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 60 (2,745 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks a lot! Just found that it works when changing the employee uniforms in design mode when the restaurant is not owned by any sim.  

Message 25 of 60 (2,728 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Outfit doesn't save

★★ Novice

Exactly the same for me! I have this issue on the PS4 

This is the link to the thread I made back in May

The issue is the same for me Frown it doesn't work for me however I do it. Whether I do it if the restaurant is in design and not owned or not. 

Thank you for your help Sims Team! Hope this is fixed too, I love the dine out pack other than this

Message 26 of 60 (2,604 Views)

[PC] Restaurant resets after editing outfits in a create a sim

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dining out Pets Island Living Getting to work Get famous Seasons Parenting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start/buy a restaurant Add money from household funds Then go to menu add items, ads, hire employees [Where the bug occurs] Edit the outfits i.e. custom outfits for any of I have done for waiter/chef and return from edit the sim
What happens when the bug occurs? After returning from create a sim, notification for tips to start restaurant appears and everything is reset even if you have played for a couple of days. i.e. menu is empty, hires at 0, all settings reset. Money for restaurant is 0. Both times I used restaurants from the gallery.
What do you expect to see? Saved progress should be returned to, editing on restaurant saved hires/progress etc. At last occurrence I played a couple of restaurant days went to a few lots and returned to the restaurant then went to edit the outfits. All my 3 star rating was gone and all settings reset. The error occurred before and after the latest patch and without mods. I lost a few scouting achievements
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Attached is how it looks after the error occured

Message 27 of 60 (2,535 Views)

Most content will be reset after modified waitress outfit in restaurant.

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Start a clean game 2. Create a new sims, give him/her enough money to buy a restaurant 3. Start to build a restaurant(Or modify the existing lot to meet requirements.) 4. After the restaurant meet all the requirements(number of sinks, number of toilet .etc ), exit the build mode. 5. Now enter the restaurant setting where you could modify your menu, waiter/waitress outfit, chief outfit .etc 6. Now click waitress outfit (specific bug with WAITRESS), you could click add new outfit or modify preset one(doesn't matter which one) 7. Now you should entered 'create sim mode' where you can choose outfit for waitress. 8. Choose your desired outfit design for waitress and then click 'OK' to get back to sims world. 9. After saving/loading screen, the bug occurs.
What happens when the bug occurs? Most of your modification will be reset, including but not limit to everything you have built in build mode for the restaurant (if you build a whole new building, the whole new building will disappeared), your menu(All customized menu will be reset back to original one which only have water). BUT the trait of land will be saved or unchanged during this bug occurred.
What do you expect to see? My desired outfit design for waitress will be saved and apply into sims world(the waitress in my restaurant will dress as my outfit design)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After purchase the most recent new game pack -- The Sims 4 Realm of Magic.

The link of my experiment gaming record as follow: 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gz57r2wYMxqeCsoVNtLwG_WR9SEaOJuf

The bug occurred around 6:53 in the video. 

Thank you for your help and patience in advanced. 

Message 28 of 60 (2,514 Views)

Re: Most content will be reset after modified waitress outfit in restaurant.

Hero
@SeverusHudson Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 60 (2,486 Views)

Resturant menu and worker's clothes resets

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of Magic, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino, My first Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fittness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Holiday,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a resturant, download one from the forum (I think it should happen when you build yourself, but I don't do that...), edit the menu and/or the worker's clothes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The menu and the worker's clothes doesn't save. Sometimes the menu functions on its own, but if you edit the worker's clothes both reset. The worker's clothes doesn't save even if you don't touch the menu.
What do you expect to see? The menu and clothes should save. I, as the owner of the resturant, should be able to edit both the menu and what my workers wear without either resetting to default.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I... I don't really have a screenshot, because there's A nothing to take a picture of since it resets between loading as you exit CAS closing the menu for the resturant... And B because I can't screenshot things when they're in fullscreen on my PC.

Message 30 of 60 (2,484 Views)