by bae281995

Original Post

[OPEN] [DO] 'Order For Table' Will Not Go Away

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Dine Out, Spa, Spooky
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download a restaurant from the gallery that fits your packs. Dine out with another Sim. Get a table and order for table.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I do all of the above, the "Order for Table" icon of the waiter does not go away. There are no obstructions in the restaurant. This has also happened at every restaurant location since the latest update for me.
What do you expect to see? I expect to order for the table and receive the plate of food icon, and the waiter/ress icon prompting the sim to place the order would go away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest update

n/a

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 12 (2,902 Views)

Re: "Order For Table" Will Not Go Away

★★★★ Guide

I'm on PC and have the same issue.  After ordering the "order for table" stays in the queue and cannot be deleted.  There will also be a "waiting for order" icon in the queue which can be deleted.  The waiter, after taking the order, will just wander around the restaurant and not go to the chef station to give them the order.  So the sims never get their food.

Message 2 of 12 (2,860 Views)

★★★ Novice

That is exactly what is happening to me also.

Message 3 of 12 (2,846 Views)

★★ Guide

Yes, it's happening to me too. I can't also cancel the queue. It's been happening since that latest patch.

Message 4 of 12 (2,800 Views)

Re: [DO] 'Order For Table' Will Not Go Away

★ Novice

Also having this issue on PC since the latest update. It never happened before. No mods.

Message 5 of 12 (2,779 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] 'Order For Table' Will Not Go Away

★★★ Newbie

Same issue!

Message 6 of 12 (2,728 Views)

[DO]'Order for table' action stays in queue

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Cottage Living, Vampires, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Journey to Batuu, Toddler Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff, Paranormal Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to a restaurant lot and order anything off the menu.
What happens when the bug occurs? 'Order for table' action does not disappear until I leave the lot.
What do you expect to see? For the 'order for table' action to disappear from queue after successfully ordering / paying for meal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been happening for a while. 

Message 7 of 12 (2,663 Views)

Dine-out

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Platform:Xbox Series S
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit a restaurant
What happens when the bug occurs? Order food option not disappearing after ordering food
What do you expect to see? Not this
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been happening for at least a month, when my sims orders a meal with the waiter, the "waiting for food" icon shows but "orderering food" is still active. My sims will keep getting up to talk to the waiter even though the food was ordered. 

Also chefs still don't enter restaurant until after 2 hours game time. Owning a restaurant is frustrating because of this. This has been going on for a lot longer. I think dine-out is just broken.

Message 8 of 12 (2,457 Views)

Re: Dine-out

★★★★ Guide

This is still happening in my game, playing on a Mac. The worst thing is, it won't go away and it prevents my sims to do other stuff, eg. when my sims are low on bladder; they want to go to the toilet, the action starts but it is not really "working"; they are using the toilet but the need is not fulfilling itself. If I reset my sim and remove "order for table" action, it goes back to normal but this time the order crashes. Basically, they cannot do anything until the meal comes...

Message 9 of 12 (2,341 Views)

Re: Dine-out

★★ Guide

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same problem and it's a pain. If you want to remove the items that are stuck try resetting the Sim who has the problem. I am also experiencing that it takes forever for the food to be delivered to my Sims. Sometimes they are starving before the food reaches them. 

Message 10 of 12 (1,746 Views)