by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [DO] Inappropriate behavior in Sim's restaurant

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a married couple buy a restaurant with a living quarters attached. While living on the restaurant lot, have one of the sims cook a meal, or take a shower, or sleep in the bed. 9 times out of 10, the other sim will complain that it is inappropriate behavior.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of my sims makes a meal, takes a shower, or goes to bed, only to be stopped by their spouse claiming that it is inappropriate behavior.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to take a shower, cook a meal, or sleep in the bed as normal since they are married and also own the restaurant lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My girlfriend and I just started a new playthrough with 2 married, alien sims that are on this planet to spread their alien cuisine with the Sim Planet. We decided to play it as a sort of "Rags to Riches" style so we allowed them to buy a very small food truck like restaurant and added a bedroom onto the lot so they could live at the restaurant. Unfortunately, when one of the spouses go to cook, sleep, or take a shower, the other sim comes in and complains that it is inappropriate behavior. We tried selling the restaurant and re-buying it, and we have tried having them leave the lot and come back; both of these worked for about an hour and then the issue returned. Not sure what sparked the bug or what a viable workaround is, but leaving the lot everytime it happens makes the game pretty unplayable.

I know there are other complaints about the similar issue, but they didn't use the bug template and new reports were suggested to be made as their own thread.

EDIT

Merged old thread into this one. Original Me too count: 44

Message 21 of 22 (4,097 Views)

[OPEN] [DO] Inappropriate behavior in Sim's restaurant

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So I made a restaurant with an upstairs for my sims to sleep and basically live in because I wanted to make it like Bobs Burgers. Well every time they cook or sleep, even though they are family, the daughter will berate the other family members. Now she kicked her family, including herself, out. I can't leave the lot and go home and I can't go into the restaurant. I'm basically stuck looking into my restaurant and hoping my staff is competent enough and that my sims won't die while being forced to live at the park at the moment

Message 1 of 22 (8,257 Views)

Re: Dine Out Restaurant Living

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sounds like another instance if this bug: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Inappropriate-behavior-in-sim-s-own-household...

Leaving it separate for now although the same issue still occurs with club gathers.

Does traveling to another game or reloading not solve it for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (8,233 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same thing happens for me, but only with cooking their own food. No mods / CC. Reloading and traveling doesn't change anything.

Message 3 of 22 (8,188 Views)

Hero

Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (8,176 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Inappropriate behavior in Sim's restaurant

★ Apprentice

It's also happening to me as well! And too many deaths at my restaurant too-annoying!

Message 5 of 22 (8,142 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Inappropriate behavior in Sim's restaurant

Hero

Please post here about the dying Sims: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/MORE-INFO-NEEDED-DO-Many-Sims-dying-at-restaurants/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (8,126 Views)

Sims 4 Dine Out stuck in limbo outside

★★★ Newbie
I've been playing Dine Out for 2 days now. The restaurant I'm playing with is next door to my sims official household.
Last night, Sim1 kicked Sim2 out of the restaurant as she was being loud while he was trying to sleep (in the restaurant). I saved and came off the game.
This morning, I went on the sims and both sim1 and sim2 are outside and neither can get back in the restaurant, or their home. When I try to click on either property or use the travel via mobile phone it says 'sim1 can't travel because there is a social event going on' but there isn't! I've tried opening the restaurant but still can't enter the building. I have no idea what to do, both sims have no access to toilets, showers and are sleeping on park benches and eating from bbqs at the park.
I have restarted the game several times, reloaded from a save that was about 3 mins earlier than the auto save, and tried resuming play from both their home and the restaurant and still nothing.
Thanks in advance
Message 7 of 22 (8,112 Views)

Betreff: Sims 4 Dine Out stuck in limbo outside

Hero

@cheebsome Merged

usually you can just go to the map but and travel to another lot and that would solve it but since you can't do that because of the phantom social event, hm.

Can you go to the household manager and kick the family out of their home and then add back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 22 (8,106 Views)

Betreff: Sims 4 Dine Out stuck in limbo outside

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I was having the same problem. I removed all "household" items from my basement room....shower, beds....and now I have no longer had the problem. I guess we can not live in your restaurants. 

Spoiler
Devil
Message 9 of 22 (8,005 Views)