by purplepoet13

Original Post

[OPEN] [DO] Food Critiques don't get served/not eating

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine Out, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Toddler Stuff, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open a restaurant and wait for a food critic to come in.
What happens when the bug occurs? Most of the time when food critics come into the restaurant my sim owns, the waiters don't go and get their order. If they do get their orders, the food never comes. Sometimes I can see the plate on the window but the sim never gets it. There is no option to click on it or delete it. So when that happens I have to delete the whole chef station.
What do you expect to see? The waiters should be preforming the same functions with the food critic as they do with normal customers. For example taking orders and delivering food.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (3,440 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GTW] Food Critiques don't get served

Hero
Hi @purplepoet13

I did some testing on this and did sort of duplicate.

For me, there's others not getting served though so I wonder if it's the critic or has something to do with the food they order.

Do you only have issues with the critic ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (3,330 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [GTW] Food Critiques don't get served

EA Staff

Hi @purplepoet13

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 8 (3,264 Views)

Re: [GTW] Food Critiques don't get served

Hero

Added this but tagging @purplepoet13 for saves

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (3,198 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Food Critiques don't get served

★★★ Apprentice
I have this problem as well, not just with the critic (although they are almost always the target). When I open my restaurant, either from home or while I'm at the restaurant itself, people will come in and sit and read the menus. The waitress will show up and take their order, but they keep reading the menu. Sometimes food will even show up in the window but the waitress never takes it to them and it just sits there until the restaurant closes. The customers will sit there and eventually get upset with the wait time and leave.

Similarly, people will sit there and order food, eat the food, and then never leave. They pull out the menu again and start looking at it like they're still ordering food but they never order more food. They just sit there until I either close the restaurant or they get fed up with my wait times and leave.
Message 5 of 8 (3,155 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Food Critiques don't get served

EA Staff

Hey @CinnamonToastBun

We are still waiting for saves from @purplepoet13

Would you be willing to send yours instead? If so, you can find the instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you, and happy simming! 

Message 6 of 8 (3,145 Views)

Restaurant Critic Misbehavior

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most Recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, CL, GT, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling, Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Eat at a restarant and wait for a food critic to show up.
What happens when the bug occurs? The critic doesn't eat the food. Critic gets up and talks to dining sims instead. Sometimes wanders off and just stands around, doing nothing. Critic never eats the food or returns to sit at table. Since the critc never eats or sits back down, that table is never free for other sims.
What do you expect to see? The food critic sitting at the table, eat the meal ordered and not get up until they are ready to leave or need to use toilet and then leave the restaurant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch.

Tested more than once. Removed mods folder and deleted cache.  Save used was one in which an NPC asked my Sim out on a date to the restaurant (a date that had no ojectives).

Message 7 of 8 (3,029 Views)

Re: Restaurant Critic Misbehavior

Hero

@sushicrow 

merged your post with similar thread.

Would you be willing to share your thread with @SimGuruIcarus as asked above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (3,014 Views)