by alanmichael1

Original Post

[OPEN] [DO] Cleaning dishes in NPC restaurants

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create or place an NPC-run restaurant in your game. Let your Sims visit it.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a new meal is ready while the waiters are cleaning up the dishes, they will prioritize delivering the meal and drop the dirty dishes on a nearby table. These old dishes are almost never cleaned up later, even when the waiter is collecting newer dishes from the same table. The "interrupted dishes" even remain when quitting and returning to the lot. As a consequence, the restaurant often turns into a mess.
What do you expect to see? Waiters should finish cleaning up the dishes before doing something else.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This wasn't always so, I think it started at the time C&D came out.

Message 1 of 23 (8,958 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DO] Cleaning dishes in NPC restaurants

Hero
I'll still need to do some testing on this but I've tested restaurant for something else a couple month ago when it was fine.

Marking as needs input for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (8,675 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @alanmichael1

We have not been be able to reproduce your issue.

Does the waiter/waitress never clean up the mess no matter how long you wait?

Also, it might be helpful for us to take at look at your save files to try to reproduce this Standard smile

If you are willing to share your save files with us, please follow these instructions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 23 (8,636 Views)

★★★★ Pro
Hello EA Team,

thanks for your help! I will upload a save when I am back home tomorrow.

The waiters always start to clean up the dishes but they often cancel the action before they reach the waiter station or the dish washer. They put the dirty plates on a table or on the ground.

I am not 100 % sure about the reason, but it looks like the waiters always cancel the action when the cooks have finished a new meal. If the waiters are elders, it seems that also the "back pain animation" triggers the bug.

The "interrupted plates" are then ignored. The only way to get rid of them is to go to build mode and delete them.
Message 4 of 23 (8,626 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Hi @SimGuruIcarus

Here comes the save about the dish washing problem. The best restaurant to test this is the "Tasty Crab" in Brindleton Bay Standard smile

Link to save

Message 5 of 23 (8,606 Views)

EA Staff

Hey @alanmichael1

Thank you for the saves and info! We will give it a look!.

Happy simming! :D

Message 6 of 23 (8,595 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Looks like I fixed the issue by removing the dishwashing machine from the kitchen. Will do further testing.

Message 7 of 23 (8,529 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Removing the dishwasher improved the situation a lot, but it still occasionally happens. I observed that for ever ignored dishes only occur outside on tables on the restaurant terrace. Inside the restaurant they will be cleaned by the other waiter after some time.

Message 8 of 23 (8,509 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Cleaning dishes in NPC restaurants

★★★ Apprentice
Not sure if this is exactly the same issue but I have a very similar and frustrating problem that is currently making my restaurant borderline unplayable. The waiters can't seem to remove plates from tables, or if they do, they will immediately snap to t-poses and the plates fall down by their feet. If more than one person is carrying a dish at once, everyone who is holding one snaps to a t-pose.

The plates get stacked up on the restaurant tables and I can't click and drag them to a dishwasher, trashcan, or even move them off the tables. The host still seats sims at the messy tables. The only time the dishes are able to be washed is after the restaurant closes down for the evening, then I spend an extra 2-3 hours after that picking up all the dishes.

Weirdly, I can send my sim's husband to the restaurant and he'll be able to pick up the stacks of dishes without problems, but he can only pick up one dish or stack at a time instead of going around and collecting all of them. My sim owns L'attente bistro.
Message 9 of 23 (8,453 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Cleaning dishes in NPC restaurants

Hero

Hi @CinnamonToastBun

are you using any mods in your game or do you have any lastException files you could provide ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 23 (8,426 Views)