Also the cook stations have constantly food showing with smoke coming off it 

Message 41 of 285 (2,188 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

★★★ Newbie
@Anska_Stormblade How do I do this on xbox
Message 42 of 285 (2,148 Views)

Hero
@GoblinTestPilot On XB you will loose access to achievements if you cheat. If that's ok, you should be able to do it the same way as on PC but I don't know how to open the cheat console on console

You can also try if just interacting with him helps.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 285 (2,144 Views)

Chiefs won't enter restaurant

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.2.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any restaurant then you will see that everyone besides the chiefs will go in.
What happens when the bug occurs? The chiefs stand outside.
What do you expect to see? I go to any restaurant, the chiefs are there standing outside while everyone goes into the restaurant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello,

I noticed right after the latest update the chiefs at restaurants (I don't own any) will not go into the restaurant to cook. I turned off the move objects cheat and even went out my way to replace something hoping that might fix it, however that isn't the case. 

I play on xbox so if anyone who knows how to fix this problem that is on xbox please help.

Thanks.

Message 44 of 285 (2,135 Views)

Re: Chiefs won't enter restaurant

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dutch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.130
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle

Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Dine Out, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When owning a restaurant chefs will stay outside for a long time while the rest of the staff go inside immediately. Also when you opening your restaurant from home or any other lot and then travel to your restaurant the Chefs spawning outside too. Because of that costumers don't have food served and sitting at empty tables
What happens when the bug occurs? The chefs stand outside.
What do you expect to see? When opening the restaurant on the lot it self, the chefs will after spawning enter the restaurant like the rest of the staff. When opening your restaurant from any other lot and travel to the restaurant after opening, i expect to see the chefs already cooking and the customers eating their food, like before 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? no never used mods.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Patch, not sure which one as i recently started to play again

I've tested multiple restaurants, created by myself and Maxis (like Chez Lama) also tested on owned restaurants and while visiting. Every time chefs spawning outside.

Hopefully there will be a fix.

The troubleshoot, like resetting the chefs and changing their behavior will help to speed things up, so that they will enter the restaurant quicker. But its not a permanent fix because you need to do it every time your opening or visiting a restaurant.

Thanks!

Message 45 of 285 (2,101 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi i have the same probem. No mods, no CC. I did not use bb.moveobjects to place the station. My chef just doesn't move. At all. 

Message 46 of 285 (2,085 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

★★★ Newbie

Got the exact same problem but the thing is my game isnt even modded??

Message 47 of 285 (2,075 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes it all started after the patch in July. Before that my restaurants were working perfectly fine. When the new patch came a few days ago I thought this was going to be fixed but it wasn't. it has been 1 week since I have not been able to play dine out as both an OWNER and a Customer. (i.e. when I head to the restaurant as a customer and I don't own it) Food never comes because the chef stands outside the restaurant like an idiot. 

Anyone knows when this will be fixed again?

Message 48 of 285 (2,047 Views)

★ Guide

Tried this in my game, I have it too. Chef just stands there, can't do anything about it...IMG_20210803_031102.jpg

Message 49 of 285 (2,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having problems on the console, xbox one x, chefs not entering restaurant. I'm not using any cheats either

Message 50 of 285 (2,015 Views)