[FIXED] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

by rikatuu

Original Post

Re: Dine out

★★★★★ Guide

Not sure if I should add this here or create its own thread. If I need to let me know. I am now experiencing this with bartenders at venues. The last time I played (2 days ago) the bar tender never entered the bar. No matter how many times I reset them. Usually a reset will work but not this time. 

Message 251 of 285 (1,088 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

★★★★★ Guide
@rikatuu In my experience they DO eventually enter the lot and perform their job but it does take much longer than it should. Resetting them does help them along tho.
Message 252 of 285 (1,079 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I STILL have this issue in my game where when i go to a restaurant , one chef is stood outside and stands there like a gormless idiot until i reset them , then they go work , then eventually a second chef finally appears if i have 2 chef stations on the lot , If one station i still have to reset the chef to get them to work 

Message 253 of 285 (973 Views)

Re: [TROUBLESHOOT] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

★★★ Newbie

This is still a problem. I have no mods I’m on an XBOX One. 

Message 254 of 285 (812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem too. After about 2 Sims hours the chef will finally enter the lot and start cooking, but they don't always serve my table and then I just give it up and leave. Usually my Sim is starving my then lol.

Message 255 of 285 (782 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well I keep looking at the Laundry Lists with hope in my heart but I am always disappointed.  This month is no exception.  Laundry List .  I used to be astounded that a bug that breaks the whole Dine Out pack could be allowed to continue for such a long time.  I am becoming resigned to Sims 4 being retired with this bug still existing.  Such a shame it was a good pack.

Message 256 of 285 (721 Views)

★★★ Novice
Chefs don't go into restaurants.
Message 257 of 285 (618 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having the same problem.

My chef won’t go inside the restaurant to do his work. I tried both cooking stations and different chefs. I have no mds or CC because I play in the PS5 console.

very disappointed that the pack is broken.

Message 258 of 285 (536 Views)

Chef won’t enter restaurant

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1/23/23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Done in
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Chef won’t enter restaurant
What happens when the bug occurs? They stand outside
What do you expect to see? Them enter and cook
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Chef won’t enter restaurant in the dine out add on.

Message 259 of 285 (511 Views)

Re: Chef won’t enter restaurant

★ Guide

Try shift/clicking on them and resetting them.

Message 260 of 285 (493 Views)