[FIXED] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

by rikatuu

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Dine out cheats not working and chefs not going straight to station

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem after patches updated in November, 2021.

Message 121 of 285 (1,048 Views)

Cooks not working in resturants. They just stand on the side walk.

★★★ Novice

I have been away from the game for a while but since i have been back over the last month none of the chefs in restaurants are working. It is like they can't get to the cook station but I can move any sim I am controlling all around it.

Message 122 of 285 (1,032 Views)

Re: Cooks not working in resturants. They just stand on the side walk.

Hero
@Frost1977 I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Please try resetting the Sim.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 123 of 285 (992 Views)

★★★ Newbie

>Please try resetting the Sim.

What's the long term solution? Doing this everyday is not the desired method to get this fixed.
Message 124 of 285 (908 Views)

Hero
@sowybfstar You have to do it every time you open the restaurant but it at least allows you to play until EA fixes this bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 125 of 285 (881 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Unless you're on console and can't. Also can't use mods to fix and cheats disable achievements (on console). There isn't any real solution to this after all this time and Ea is still selling the pack. Makes some of us really question Ea's priorities when they roll out new content and pretty styles when there are still several game-ruining glitches out there. Between this and the broken aspirations I'm hesitant to spend any more money until they're resolved. Pity, since there's still several packs I'm interested in. Ea, please prioritize fixing them. I'm worried all these "quick fixes" are making you take our complaints less seriously. If you're unable to work out the problem yourself I'm sure there are several members of the modding community you could hire that are willing and able.

Message 126 of 285 (889 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's so frustrating when my game is interrupted and I see the bug was reported years ago.

I was making a mod to make Aspirations (and whims) for restaurant ownership, and I thought maybe I broke something. If I share the mod with others, they'll think it broke their game. I also wanted to make whims/goals to socialize with the chef, and this bug would block people from being able to complete them.

I had a couple ideas, like fine-dining emphasis (food aspiration), neighborhood favorite (popularity aspiration), business empire... but it seems like a really bad use of my time to get into modding a videogame that has more bug fixes by modders than the developers.

Message 127 of 285 (824 Views)

Re: chef will not go in restaurant to work

★★★ Newbie

it doesn't matter if I build a restaurant or use one from the game, or visit a restaurant,  the chef stays out side of the restaurant. every one else will work.

Message 128 of 285 (818 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

★★★ Newbie

I having the same issue, chef just stands outside and does not come into the restaurant. I also can’t customize my menus properly, it will only allow me to choose appetizers.

Message 129 of 285 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have been banned from posting because the moderators did not like my comments. So let me be clear and maybe someone will understand why the fix for this bug (and many others that are still pending) is very important. 

I've been playing The Sims for several years (Since The Sims 1, actually) and never before did I complain and I waited patiently for a fix whenever there was a bug or a glitch. I know by experience that some bugs never really get fixed and many of them are resolved by mods created by players like me.

Now, back in September, my own daughter who became a "simmer" too, bought Dine-Out. She plays the game on a X-Box. She called me to ask me about the problem reported in this thread. In fact, I didn't know she was buying Dine Out, otherwise I would have told her to wait.

I believe that, like my daughter, there are several players who bought the pack not knowing of the bug and that I find unacceptable.

So, once again I ask you to find a solution and stop suggesting workarounds that will not work for game console players anyway. 

Back in July, you added a nice feature that was the option to "Cook together" and also added a second burner to the Chef Station in order to cook 2 meals simultaneously, Now, the problem with the Cook’s standing outside the restaurant started after that. Could it be related?

Can you please stop the sales for Dine out until this is fixed?

Thank you

Message 130 of 285 (781 Views)