[FIXED] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

by rikatuu

Original Post

Re: Chefs in Dine Out gets buggy after the patch

Hero
@dmr723 I only partly agree :D

It's not a permanent fix and still needs fixing by EA but it's a solution to make it work anyways. So depending how long this will take to fix this bug, it's better to have a way to get past it than just not be able to play restaurants at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 285 (2,001 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
@dmr723I only partly agree :D

It's not a permanent fix and still needs fixing by EA but it's a solution to make it work anyways. So depending how long this will take to fix this bug, it's better to have a way to get past it than just not be able to play restaurants at all.

It was working doing the reset until recently but not anymore. They can take their time, I’m back playing Sims 3 meanwhile 😁

Message 92 of 285 (1,981 Views)

Chef won’t enter the restaurant

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? GP08:1.assets.live-gp08.144
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, get to work, snowy escape, Eco lifestyle, discover university, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, realm of magic, stranger Ville, jungle adventure, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat. Throwback kit. Bowling night, vintage glamour, backyard, movie hang out, spooky, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury apartment.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ever since I downloaded cottage living that’s when the bug started. When you buy a restaurant or build a restaurant your chef just stand outside and never comes in no matter what you do.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your chef just stands outside the restaurant and never comes in.
What do you expect to see? I want the chef to go inside and cook so I have a functioning restaurant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after I downloaded cottage living.

I guess the problem is I’m dine out ! But started when i downloaded cottage living . 

Message 93 of 285 (1,819 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [DO] Chef won't enter the restaurant

★★★ Newbie
@rikatuu I play on Xbox and this happens to me as well. The chef won’t enter the restaurant.
Message 94 of 285 (1,818 Views)

Dine out chef won’t enter

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.5.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I everything except realm of magic, Incheon arrivals kit, industrial loft kit, fashion street kit, oasis kit, bust the dust kit and country kitchen kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? .
What happens when the bug occurs? .
What do you expect to see? .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I’m not sure which patch it was but right after a patch the chefs in restaurants that I own and even the ones I don’t own the chefs don’t go inside. I even checked to see if something was blocking them but that is not the case everyone but the chefs can go into the restaurant. I even uninstalled the game including all my packs to see if that worked but no it did not. I’m at a lost as to it is and how I can fix it.

Message 95 of 285 (1,760 Views)

Re: Dine out chef won’t enter

★★★ Guide
@Galaxlye This is the main thread:https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Chef-won-t-enter-the-restaurant/m-p/6778984#M62172
To let them enter, you can use testingcheats to reset them, and they will enter normally.
Message 96 of 285 (1,754 Views)

Re: Dine out chef won’t enter

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

For me resetting the Chef Station (not the Sim working it) was what worked. I tried resetting the Sim first and nothing happened. And for some context, I've had this same lot in my game across various saves since 2016, and this was the first time I had an employee refuse to enter the building and work.

Message 97 of 285 (1,658 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I use console so I can't "shift click" to reset anything. I can't use mods and I won't use cheats that disable achievements. What other way is there to fix this? Ea really needs to bring out a slew of updates just to fix glitches and spend less time on making new content.

Message 98 of 285 (1,587 Views)

★ Novice

Is this thread still active? I’m not really sure but I’m having the same issue as everyone above I do use mods but I removed them and I tested on vanilla multiple times, I tried to use Maxis restaurant lots, I even made different size basic restaurants but I am still having this issue. The chef just stand outside, every other workers goes in and do their jobs but they just stand there for hours (sim time)

Message 99 of 285 (1,489 Views)

★ Guide

Yes the issue still. I was going to buy other game packs but now I'm afraid there will be other bugs and I will be stuck with them.

Message 100 of 285 (1,904 Views)